Spanish subtitles on TIVO

Old April 27th 07, 02:19 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo

Default Spanish subtitles on TIVO

I looked at Lost tonight and there were Spanish subtitles obscuring
the view. This has never happened before. When (for reasons not
material to this discussion) I had to fast forward through the same
session, there were no subtitles.

Can anyone enlighten me how to stop this Spanish crap?

TIA.

Chuck Fiedler
Old April 27th 07, 03:34 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
MegaZone

"Seth" shaped the electrons to say:
You check the CC options on your TV? None of the TiVos I have used have
generated CC display, only pass the info to the TV.

The Series3 is the only TiVo I know with a CC decoder.

So if Closed Captions are showing up it is probably the TV, or the
cable box/receiver feeding the TiVo.

-MZ
--
URL:mailto:megazoneatmegazone.org Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171

Old April 27th 07, 06:59 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Joe Smith

Joe Smith wrote:

Except for the HDTV recorder (HR10-250),

And the TiVo Series 3.

Both of those recorders have the ability to extract Closed Captioning
data from digital TV and analog TV.

(One gripe I have it that it takes 15 key presses on the HR10-250 remote
to enable or disable CC on that unit.)

-Joe
Old April 27th 07, 08:21 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Neill Massello

Joe Smith wrote:

And the TiVo Series 3.

The Series 3 also passes CC from analog sources through the analog video
outputs.

Using a Spanish TDT set in the UK [email protected] UK digital tv 5 November 26th 06 03:53 PM
subtitles after tivo to dvd Sarah Tivo personal television 1 February 11th 06 05:09 AM
Spanish newsreader on FIve ? Anorak UK sky 2 August 8th 05 09:01 PM
SPANISH CINEMA Ana y CR UK home cinema 3 January 15th 05 03:12 PM
Spanish Football Olympus UK sky 1 August 18th 04 09:03 AM