Must sign in to iPLayer

Old November 12th 18, 03:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

Default Must sign in to iPLayer

On 08/11/2018 17:18, Dave W wrote:
On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 08:49:03 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

But not for much longer.
The bbc have asked the government to abolish the free licence I gather.
Did you also see how many black and white licences they have out there? How
can this be as no black and white tv can get digital to my knowledge.
It seems to me that if blind people want to be cheapskate, we merely get a
b/w one instead of the blind one.
Brian

The TV can't get it directly but an attached Freeview box with RF
output will.
Dave W

Does anyone actualy sell an STB that does this now ?. RF pass-
through is not the same thing.

I had a phillips one that did but that was at the start of
digital transmissions. It went to the tip ages ago.
Old November 12th 18, 10:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W[_2_]

wrote:

But not for much longer.
The bbc have asked the government to abolish the free licence I gather.
Did you also see how many black and white licences they have out there? How
can this be as no black and white tv can get digital to my knowledge.
It seems to me that if blind people want to be cheapskate, we merely get a
b/w one instead of the blind one.
Brian

The TV can't get it directly but an attached Freeview box with RF
output will.
Dave W

Does anyone actualy sell an STB that does this now ?. RF pass-
through is not the same thing.

I had a phillips one that did but that was at the start of
digital transmissions. It went to the tip ages ago.

Probably not, but maybe you bought one when you bought your b/w TV.
--
Dave W