Masthead amplifier

Old July 7th 19, 02:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin

Default Masthead amplifier

Can anyone recommend a 4-way masthead amplifier? Or any reason not
to get this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masthead-Am...dp/B07NJRDL9C/

-- Richard

Old July 7th 19, 09:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Depends what his doing with it I guess. I suppose these things are a lot
better than back in the 70s, when they overloaded and one nearby lightning
strike stopped them working.

Old July 9th 19, 07:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Sunday, 7 July 2019 13:20:01 UTC+1, Richard Tobin wrote:
Can anyone recommend a 4-way masthead amplifier? Or any reason not
to get this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masthead-Am...dp/B07NJRDL9C/

-- Richard

Unless your aerial is up a tall pole at the end of a very long garden it would probably be better [and cheaper] to site the amp / split indoors. E.g. : -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Signal-Boos...2E0/ref=sr_1_1
Old July 9th 19, 07:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin

In article ,
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Can anyone recommend a 4-way masthead amplifier? Or any reason not
to get this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masthead-Am...dp/B07NJRDL9C/

Unless your aerial is up a tall pole at the end of a very long garden it
would probably be better [and cheaper] to site the amp / split indoors.
E.g. : -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Signal-Boos...2E0/ref=sr_1_1

It's on a tall pole on a high roof, and the split is already up there.

Anyway I bought that one, but I'm not going up on the roof in the
rain, so it'll be a few days before I try it.

-- Richard

Old July 11th 19, 11:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 9 July 2019 19:00:02 UTC+1, Richard Tobin wrote:
In article ,
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Can anyone recommend a 4-way masthead amplifier? Or any reason not
to get this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masthead-Am...dp/B07NJRDL9C/

Unless your aerial is up a tall pole at the end of a very long garden it
would probably be better [and cheaper] to site the amp / split indoors.
E.g. : -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Signal-Boos...2E0/ref=sr_1_1

It's on a tall pole on a high roof, and the split is already up there.

Anyway I bought that one, but I'm not going up on the roof in the
rain, so it'll be a few days before I try it.

-- Richard

Who put the amp up the pole (so ensuring recall to replace).

masthead amplifier enigma Bill Wright[_2_] UK digital tv 60 July 3rd 11 05:56 PM
Estimate (Was Masthead Amplifier) John UK digital tv 3 February 2nd 06 04:54 PM
Masthead Amplifier John UK digital tv 11 February 1st 06 12:38 PM
Positioning of a Masthead amplifier slate UK digital tv 36 December 4th 05 11:30 AM
Masthead amp power in loft Tiny Tim UK digital tv 10 August 21st 03 08:57 AM