Sky v Virgin Media

Old November 17th 07, 10:09 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
roger lewis

Default Sky v Virgin Media

I am currently with Virgin Media for Telephone & 2MB Broadband. I am
charged 30 for this service + call cost of around 5 per month. I also
subscribe to Sky+ with Sports for 36 per month. Total 71 per month.
I am thinking of switching to Sky as I think web/email access is slower
with Virgin and I think the deal is better.. Sky have offered me Sky HD box
169 + 10 a month + 36 a month, 30 activation fee, 5 for 8MB
Broadband, 5 unlimited phone calls UK + 10 Worldwide destinations. Total
67 per month including 11 to BT. Whilst I appear to be saving 4 a month,
I am getting an improved service supposedly?
Do the group have an suggestions as to whether the sky package actually is
better than the Virgin. Are there any other deals worth considering?

Many thanks for your time.

Roger

Old November 25th 07, 11:40 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Lee Botham

I have the 2mb service from NTL.
I regularly download 100 Gb per month.

Try THAT on Sky !!!!

From what I can make out, you are allowed 40Gb downloads on there service,
with (possible) extra costs if you go over

Regards,

Old November 26th 07, 08:42 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Scott

Well threten to leave to Sky as I got this package with unlimited calls
day and night and 20meg broadband, no caps. And its not a one time deal
they said.

Scott
Old November 26th 07, 01:37 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Zero Tolerance

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 22:40:22 GMT, "Lee Botham"
wrote:

I have the 2mb service from NTL.
I regularly download 100 Gb per month.

Try THAT on Sky !!!!

From what I can make out, you are allowed 40Gb downloads on there service,
with (possible) extra costs if you go over

Only 40gb if you sign up to the package that has a 40gb cap,
obviously. If you take the unlimited package (10/month) then there's
no stated limit at all.

Old December 2nd 07, 03:16 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Kevin

Cable has the potential to be faster than broadband over the phone lines,
after all the fibre optic infra structure was laid with that in mind, pnone
cable is nothing more than bell wire. Check the contention ratio also from
your perspective provider.

Regards

Old December 3rd 07, 01:45 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
mick

"roger lewis" wrote in message
I am currently with Virgin Media for Telephone & 2MB Broadband. I
am charged 30 for this service + call cost of around 5 per month.

Well for starters you are being overcharged. Phone them up and ask for the 2
for 20. You may even get it cheaper (I pay 15.50 for the two)

I also subscribe to Sky+ with Sports for 36 per month. Total 71
per month.
I am thinking of switching to Sky as I think web/email access is
slower with Virgin and I think the deal is better..

Do a speed check. I`m getting full whack on the 2M although the speed
capping they have introduced is a right pain.

Sky have
offered me Sky HD box 169 + 10 a month + 36 a month, 30
activation fee, 5 for 8MB Broadband, 5 unlimited phone calls UK +
10 Worldwide destinations. Total 67 per month including 11 to BT.
Whilst I appear to be saving 4 a month, I am getting an improved
service supposedly?
Do the group have an suggestions as to whether the sky package
actually is better than the Virgin. Are there any other deals worth
considering?

There`s this (XL package) with 7 free Setanta channels (I think they show
about 40 Prem. games) as well and 20M BB.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/webs...oduct.do?id=21

Phone then up and make sure it`s exactly what it says on the tin first
though. You may even get it cheaper if they think you are moving to sky.

mick

Old December 4th 07, 01:58 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Zero Tolerance

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 12:45:37 GMT, "mick"
wrote:

Well for starters you are being overcharged. Phone them up and ask for the 2
for 20. You may even get it cheaper (I pay 15.50 for the two)

Available only to new customers or people taking an extra service. No
good if you've got both services already.

Old December 4th 07, 03:04 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
mick

wrote:

Well for starters you are being overcharged. Phone them up and ask
for the 2 for 20. You may even get it cheaper (I pay 15.50 for the
two)

Available only to new customers or people taking an extra service. No
good if you've got both services already.

If he phones them up he`ll still get it. I`ve been getting the discounts for
years.

mick

Old August 23rd 11, 01:23 AM
coolyeolat coolyeolat is offline