No BBC4 from Sandy Heath for past 3 days.

Old August 3rd 07, 05:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Agamemnon

Default No BBC4 from Sandy Heath for past 3 days.

What have they done to it?
Old August 3rd 07, 05:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Wade

Agamemnon wrote:
What have they done to it?

I was watching it last night, so I suspect the answer is "nothing."
Have you tried a receiver reboot or re-scan? Are you getting other
services in the same mux?

--
Andy
Old August 3rd 07, 08:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Agamemnon

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Agamemnon wrote:
What have they done to it?

I was watching it last night, so I suspect the answer is "nothing." Have
you tried a receiver reboot or re-scan? Are you getting other services in
the same mux?

No. All the other muxs seem to be on half power in the Northampton area.
Something has been done to Sandy Heath.

--
Andy

Old August 3rd 07, 09:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Agamemnon wrote:

Something has been done to Sandy Heath.

It will be in April 2011. Still, not to worry, BBC 4 don't show Dr Who or
Start Trek, and you've probably grown out of Cbeebies by now ?

--
Mark
Old August 3rd 07, 11:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

In message , Agamemnon
writes
No. All the other muxs seem to be on half power in the Northampton
area. Something has been done to Sandy Heath.

It looks as per normal tome at the moment. Could it be a problem at
your end?

Old August 4th 07, 01:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Agamemnon

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , Agamemnon
writes
No. All the other muxs seem to be on half power in the Northampton area.
Something has been done to Sandy Heath.

It looks as per normal tome at the moment. Could it be a problem at your
end?

No. They've reduced the power for some reason and switched off BBC4.

Old August 4th 07, 02:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

In message , Agamemnon
writes

No. They've reduced the power for some reason and switched off BBC4.

Following your initial comments I emailed a friend of mine who looks
after the kit at Sandy and at 23:00 hrs tonight his reply was:-

"I can assure you that Sandy is on the normal powers."

What evidence do you have that they have reduced power and turned off
BBC4? It certainly looks the same strength as normal here on an analyser
and BBC4 is still there. Could you have some local interference knocking
it out?

So maybe it would be worth your while checking things out at your end,
if you believe your kit is OK then maybe ask a few neighbours if they
are suffering too?
Old August 4th 07, 03:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 00:22:46 +0100, Agamemnon wrote:

No. All the other muxs seem to be on half power in the Northampton area.
Something has been done to Sandy Heath.

It looks as per normal tome at the moment. Could it be a problem at your
end?

No. They've reduced the power for some reason and switched off BBC4.

Agamoron living up to his name as usual...
Old August 4th 07, 08:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article ,
Bill wrote:
In message , Agamemnon
writes

No. They've reduced the power for some reason and switched off BBC4.

Following your initial comments I emailed a friend of mine who looks
after the kit at Sandy and at 23:00 hrs tonight his reply was:-

"I can assure you that Sandy is on the normal powers."

What evidence do you have that they have reduced power and turned off
BBC4? It certainly looks the same strength as normal here on an analyser
and BBC4 is still there. Could you have some local interference knocking
it out?

So maybe it would be worth your while checking things out at your end,
if you believe your kit is OK then maybe ask a few neighbours if they
are suffering too?

BBC4 is carried on Multiplex B. This is transmitted on a much higher
channel (ch67) than any of the other services. Any problem with your
aerial system, such as water getting in, will affect that channel more than
any other. Reception of that channel will also be affected more than
others by changes in the signal path, such as trees.

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

Old August 4th 07, 09:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Agamemnon

"charles" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
In message , Agamemnon
writes

[...]

There hasn't been any rain for days and everywhere is dry. In fact when it
was raining non stop day after day BBC4 was still there. Someone has reduced
the power of the transmitter in the direction of Northampton. All the
multiplexes are on half power according to my readings and the BBC4
multiplex is gone completely.