Home cinema set up

Old December 31st 03, 05:43 PM
Richard WEBB

Default Home cinema set up

OK, this is the scenario. I just treated myself to a Pioneer home cinema
system ( DV 313 ), well impressed but am having difficulty connecting
everything together and getting the most from the system.

My set up is
Sony 32" with three scart sockets
I have a Pace NTL di4000 cable set top box (NTL)
A JVC Vid and the new Pioneer home cinema.

At the moment I have the DVD player going to scart one on the TV. VCR goes
to scart two and Digi box to scart three. The problem is I'm not sure how to
connect the DVD Home cinema to the digi box and get the benefit of the
better sound when watching sat programs. I did try connecting DVD to digi
box via scart then second scart onto TV. Everything worked, great sound when
watching normal TV and Sat but when I played a DVD I got the sound but no
picture.

Sorry I'm sure this is basic but would appreciate any help

Rich

Old January 1st 04, 02:18 PM
Steve

Check your original setup (dvd into digi box), if your dvd is outputting rgb
and you're plugged into the third scart socket on the sony via the digibox
you'll probably not get a picture as the sony might only have rgb input on
scart one, depending on model, maybe svideo and composite on scart two and
three. Try the dvd into digibox plugged into scart one instead, set input
on the tv scart 1 to rgb and set the digibox and dvd output both to rgb. I
have a similar setup with a KV-32ds60.

Steve