VD show running time halved

Old November 1st 18, 10:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default VD show running time halved

The dire Victoria Derbyshi*e show has been reduced from to hours to one, starting at 10:00 instead of 09:00.

Routinely filled with dead beats whining about how they didn't realise heroin was addictive, it's cold in the winter, women can't conceive naturally in their fifties or that if you commit crimes you can be sent to prison...

About the only silver lining of this program [for a home worker] is that it was so bad that after the news headlines at the beginning one would switch off the TV and go and start work on the computer...
Old November 1st 18, 01:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 01/11/2018 09:53, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
The dire Victoria Derbyshi*e show has been reduced from to hours to one, starting at 10:00 instead of 09:00.

Routinely filled with dead beats whining about how they didn't realise heroin was addictive, it's cold in the winter, women can't conceive naturally in their fifties or that if you commit crimes you can be sent to prison...

About the only silver lining of this program [for a home worker] is that it was so bad that after the news headlines at the beginning one would switch off the TV and go and start work on the computer...

I just couldn't stand it. I either watch Sky News or Quest or I play music.

Old November 1st 18, 04:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 01/11/2018 09:53, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
The dire Victoria Derbyshi*e show has been reduced from to hours to one,
starting at 10:00 instead of 09:00.

Routinely filled with dead beats whining about how they didn't realise
heroin was addictive, it's cold in the winter, women can't conceive
naturally in their fifties or that if you commit crimes you can be sent
to prison...

About the only silver lining of this program [for a home worker] is that
it was so bad that after the news headlines at the beginning one would
switch off the TV and go and start work on the computer...

I just couldn't stand it. I either watch Sky News or Quest or I play
music.

Bill

Yesterday it was dealing with a welsh and a middle eastern looking man
wanting a penis enlargement.

Old November 1st 18, 06:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

So are you saying its shorter cos it was bad at 2 hours, or that its now bad
as its only 1 hour.
Often a format gets tired and needs to be retired once the mega interesting
subjects have been covered once.
How is she, I understood she had Cancer?

Old November 1st 18, 06:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 01/11/2018 09:53, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
The dire Victoria Derbyshi*e show has been reduced from to hours to one, starting at 10:00 instead of 09:00.

I agree, it is dire.

However it's a terrible shame that the only channels you can receive are
BBC 2 and BBC News. See if you can get set yourself up to receive
the hundreds of other radio, TV, and internet stations that exist.
Plenty of help available in this group....

--
Mark
Old November 1st 18, 07:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Thursday, 1 November 2018 12:08:28 UTC, wrote:
On 01/11/2018 09:53, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
The dire Victoria Derbyshi*e show has been reduced from to hours to one, starting at 10:00 instead of 09:00.

Routinely filled with dead beats whining about how they didn't realise heroin was addictive, it's cold in the winter, women can't conceive naturally in their fifties or that if you commit crimes you can be sent to prison...

About the only silver lining of this program [for a home worker] is that it was so bad that after the news headlines at the beginning one would switch off the TV and go and start work on the computer...

I just couldn't stand it. I either watch Sky News or Quest or I play music.

Bill

I like to look at the text news, which ain't on any channels except the Beeb these days...
Old November 1st 18, 07:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Thursday, 1 November 2018 17:14:42 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
So are you saying its shorter cos it was bad at 2 hours, or that its now bad
as its only 1 hour.

The former - it will still be bad, but I will be at my desk well before it even starts.

Often a format gets tired and needs to be retired once the mega interesting
subjects have been covered once.

It is always the same - "I didn't know you could get cancer from smoking", "they took my kids off me because I'm a junkie and neglected them" and so on.

How is she, I understood she had Cancer?

Seems to have recovered remarkably well. I don't blame her [as presenter], it is the program format that is awful.

Old November 1st 18, 07:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Thursday, 1 November 2018 17:46:52 UTC, Mark Carver wrote:
On 01/11/2018 09:53, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
The dire Victoria Derbyshi*e show has been reduced from to hours to one, starting at 10:00 instead of 09:00.

I agree, it is dire.

However it's a terrible shame that the only channels you can receive are
BBC 2 and BBC News. See if you can get set yourself up to receive
the hundreds of other radio, TV, and internet stations that exist.
Plenty of help available in this group....

--
Mark

Indeed, but only BBC channels carry text.
Old November 1st 18, 10:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 01/11/2018 17:46, Mark Carver wrote:
On 01/11/2018 09:53, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
The dire Victoria Derbyshi*e show has been reduced from to hours to
one, starting at 10:00 instead of 09:00.

I agree, it is dire.

You know when you go to an old people's home, and there are all these
old people who've lost their marbles watching daytime TV?

I think they've lost they marbles _because_ they are watching daytime TV.

I once had a job to write a SW teletext decoder, and I saw a lot of
daytime TV doing that. Damn it was awful.

Andy