SKY+ Box and ethernet connections...?

Old February 23rd 12, 09:24 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
paddytt

Default SKY+ Box and ethernet connections...?

Hi

We are planning to have Sky installed during the renovation of our
"new" old house. Does anyone know if Sky supply an HD box with a
standard Sky+ connection, or do you still get the old style Sky+ box?

The reason I ask is because we want to be able to connect to the
internet through an ethernet cable and get Sky Anytime+.

And can a smart TV connect to the internet through the Sky+HD box HMDI
cable, or does it need it's own ethernet connection?

Many thanks!

TT
Old February 24th 12, 01:23 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Zero Tolerance

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:24:51 -0800 (PST), paddytt
wrote:

We are planning to have Sky installed during the renovation of our
"new" old house. Does anyone know if Sky supply an HD box with a
standard Sky+ connection, or do you still get the old style Sky+ box?

Seems to be Sky+HD boxes supplied as standard these days, no old-style
boxes any more.

And can a smart TV connect to the internet through the Sky+HD box HMDI
cable, or does it need it's own ethernet connection?

I don't think so, it'd need its own connection.