BBC 1 Channel Islands

Old July 10th 03, 10:39 PM
Gary Betreen

Default BBC 1 Channel Islands

Well now all the BBC regions are free to air on other channels till the end
of the month when they move to the EPG along with BBC1 Wales/Scotland
/N.Ireland, when will the BBC in the channel Islands come on stream. The
channel is just black at the moment with the BBC interactive banner at the
bottom.

Nice to watch my old region for a change as far as news goes.

Gary

Old July 10th 03, 11:40 PM
^_^

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:39:39 +0100, "Gary Betreen"
wrote:

Well now all the BBC regions are free to air on other channels till the end
of the month when they move to the EPG along with BBC1 Wales/Scotland
/N.Ireland, when will the BBC in the channel Islands come on stream. The
channel is just black at the moment with the BBC interactive banner at the
bottom.

Nice to watch my old region for a change as far as news goes.

Gary

I was watching BBC Ch. I. earlier (about 14.00), so it's either
changed since then, or it's a problem at your end.

HTH.
Old July 10th 03, 11:53 PM
Gary Betreen

The channel I.D is BBC 1 CI which I have been told is channel Islands. They
used to get there regional news from Spotlight South West from Plymouth but
that changed some years back.

Gary

wrote:

Well now all the BBC regions are free to air on other channels till the

end
of the month when they move to the EPG along with BBC1 Wales/Scotland
/N.Ireland, when will the BBC in the channel Islands come on stream.

The
channel is just black at the moment with the BBC interactive banner at

the
bottom.

Nice to watch my old region for a change as far as news goes.

Gary

I was watching BBC Ch. I. earlier (about 14.00), so it's either
changed since then, or it's a problem at your end.

HTH.

How do you know which region it was? What was on at 14:00? Neighbours or
something? It was probably BBC London.

Old July 11th 03, 12:28 AM
^_^

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:43:43 +0000 (UTC), "David Lees"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Well now all the BBC regions are free to air on other channels till the

end
of the month when they move to the EPG along with BBC1 Wales/Scotland
/N.Ireland, when will the BBC in the channel Islands come on stream. The
channel is just black at the moment with the BBC interactive banner at

the
bottom.

Nice to watch my old region for a change as far as news goes.

Gary

I was watching BBC Ch. I. earlier (about 14.00), so it's either
changed since then, or it's a problem at your end.

HTH.

How do you know which region it was? What was on at 14:00? Neighbours or
something? It was probably BBC London.

Well now that you've asked that question I know exactly what time it
was, because I've remembered I was watching the local news. They
didn't even have a studio, it was just some woman sitting in an office
(as in, on a normal desk), surrounded by people. She was reading from
a piece of paper which she made no effort to hide :P.
Old July 11th 03, 12:45 AM
Ian McMillan

Gary Betreen wrote in message

Well now all the BBC regions are free to air on other channels till
the end of the month when they move to the EPG along with BBC1
Wales/Scotland /N.Ireland, when will the BBC in the channel Islands
come on stream. The channel is just black at the moment with the BBC
interactive banner at the bottom.

Nice to watch my old region for a change as far as news goes.

How can you choose which region to watch?
--
Ian McMillan - HTML is for web pages, not e-mail or usenet!

Old July 11th 03, 06:16 AM
Phil

The BBC tells us the Channel Islands wont be availabe till autumn. They need
to put new equipment in, to get a decent link back to Plymouth.

Phil

Old July 11th 03, 08:28 AM
Mark Carver

Gary Betreen wrote:
The channel I.D is BBC 1 CI which I have been told is channel
Islands. They used to get there regional news from Spotlight South
West from Plymouth but that changed some years back.

They still do in the main. There's a sub opt-out at 10:30pm from
a small studio on Jersey. (AIUI actually at the Fremont Point transmitter)

Old July 11th 03, 11:23 AM
Stephen Neal

On 10/7/03 10:53 pm, in article
, "Gary Betreen"
wrote:

The channel I.D is BBC 1 CI which I have been told is channel Islands. They
used to get there regional news from Spotlight South West from Plymouth but
that changed some years back.

BBC One South West (from Plymouth) is still the off-air feed used for BBC
One Channel Islands - though there is a sub-opt away from this at 2225 (and
1830 I think)

It was Channel TV (the ITV franchise) who moved from the ITV South West
(Westward / TSW / Westcountry) off-air feed to a an ITV South (Southern /
TVS / Meridian) feed (now by fibre?)

I believe that the changeover was a result of advertising disagreements -
Channel got more money from the ITV South than the ITV South West franchise
holder for rebroadcast purposes?

Steve

Old July 11th 03, 02:27 PM
^_^

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:15:33 +0100, Stephen Neal
wrote:

On 11/7/03 7:28 am, in article ,
"Mark Carver" wrote:

Gary Betreen wrote:
The channel I.D is BBC 1 CI which I have been told is channel
Islands. They used to get there regional news from Spotlight South
West from Plymouth but that changed some years back.

They still do in the main. There's a sub opt-out at 10:30pm from
a small studio on Jersey. (AIUI actually at the Fremont Point transmitter)

I believe there is a sub-opt during the 1830 show now as well.

Steve

And during the 1 o'clock news too. I live in the South West and what
I was watching on BBC CI certainly wasn't Spotlight.
Old July 11th 03, 02:29 PM
^_^

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:16:33 +0100, "Phil"
wrote:

The BBC tells us the Channel Islands wont be availabe till autumn. They need
to put new equipment in, to get a decent link back to Plymouth.

Phil

?! This doesn't make sense, I was watching it yesterday.