Complete BUD system for sale in MO

Old July 28th 03, 05:41 AM

Default Complete BUD system for sale in MO

Hello, all,

I previously posted a request for help in finding a BUD installer in
N/Central MO, and got several responses. I thanked the posters, and
would like to thank the group in general for your support and help.

After locating an installer, a thorough site survey, and MUCH wringing
of hands, we came to the conclusion that I can't use my BUD here. Too
many very tall trees, both neighbor's and mine, block the entire SE side
of the arc. I could see from about 190 degrees (on compass) and
Westward, but trees block from that point Eastward. Wifey began to
grouse a bit as she hadn't seen her favorite soap in over three weeks.
Oh, and this to boot--we are in Excello, MO, some 60 miles North of
Columbia, and situated on a low piece of ground. In order to receive
broadcast channels, I'd have to put up a pretty tall tower, at a pretty
tall expense. Yes, I know I could qualify for the PT24 package, but
wouldn't be able to see the bird. So.....

I have a complete BUD system for sale. Consists of: 10 ft. Winegard
Quadstar dish and all mounting/moving hardware; Superjack II arm;
Chaparral Corotor II Plus; C- and KU-band LNB's (brands escape me now,
but will post subsequently); two servomotors--one used a bit less than a
year, and the other new, unused; Chaparral Monterey 55 IRD w/remote and
VCRS module; Motorola 4DTV Sidecar w/remote. I have all the manuals for
everything except the Superjack.

Would anyone want all this for $300?

Location is important--as mentioned earlier, I am in Excello, MO.
That's about 60 miles North of Columbia, just off MO 63, between Macon
and Moberly, MO. I could arrange to deliver within 60 mile radius, or
meet you at same distance.

This is all good, working stuff. I'd hate to dump it. If I were in a
tree-free zone, I'd continue to use it. But, I figure there are
probably those out there who might be able to use it.

If interested, drop me an E-mail at .

Thanks to the group!

*** Reply to
(Formerly Rancherjim) ***
Old July 28th 03, 01:52 PM

Hi Jim,

What shape is the 10' dish in? I might be interested in it.
I live near Cedar Rapids IA.

Thanks,

Dan

wrote:

[...]

.

Thanks to the group!

*** Reply to
(Formerly Rancherjim) ***

Old July 29th 03, 06:46 AM

wrote:

[...]

Dan,

The dish is in fine shape. Only one small (6" or so) L-shaped tear in
the mesh where I moved the dish without moving the ladder I was using to
work on it! (Had a blonde moment.) Anyway, I pressed the mesh back
flat. As far as I know, the parabolic shape and characteristics are all
intact. I used the dish for both C and KU band in AZ first, then TN.
The only problems I had in TN were on KU--the installer apparently
didn't quite aim the dish right, and I'm not sharp enough alignment
techniques to correct it.

The feedhorn is supported by the 4 metal arms, and they are all straight
as an arrow. I painted the feedhorn cover white to help with heat
reflectivity.

Thanks for the reply. Let me know what you think. Oh, by the way, I
have the dish disassembled at this time. It breaks down into 4
sections. So, it would be easy to transport in a pickup. The Monty and
DSR922 are in the manufacturer's boxes. And, as mentioned, I have all
the manuals and papers.

Jim

*** Reply to
(Formerly Rancherjim) ***