new HD tv which shows sub channels such as 7.1

Old November 28th 09, 05:39 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
pep

Default new HD tv which shows sub channels such as 7.1

What device other than a comcast box can I use to rf in and video out
my raw comcast cable----in order to tivo the unscrambled cable
channels above 100, that my HD tv tuner will not show me??
Old November 30th 09, 03:37 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Tony D.

pep wrote:
What device other than a comcast box can I use to rf in and video out
my raw comcast cable----in order to tivo the unscrambled cable
channels above 100, that my HD tv tuner will not show me??

If your TV cannot tune them they are either scrambled or the TV has a
poor tuner. My Panasonic tunes all the clear Comcast channels, my Sharp
does not. You would need a QAM tuner. Comcast where I am uses different
types of QAM at the same time. Some TVs and devices (HDHomerun tuner)
will tune them all simultaneously. Apparently other tvs will only tune 1
flavor at a time.
Old November 30th 09, 02:47 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Bill Kearney

What device other than a comcast box can I use to rf in and video out
my raw comcast cable----in order to tivo the unscrambled cable
channels above 100, that my HD tv tuner will not show me??

A TivoHD will record the unscrambled channels. All of them, provided
they're actual QAM channels. If they require a tuning adapter you can
usually get one for a Tivo. For the scrambled channels you'd need either
two S or one M cablecards, and the appropriate access added to your comcast
account.

The Tivo can be configured to use both cable and an over-the-air antenna.
It can record two shows at once from either cable or OTA.

-Bill

my tivo stopped changing channels except to record shows chris_clark Tivo personal television 8 October 2nd 06 03:55 AM
HD shows Jim High definition TV 7 June 28th 05 02:21 PM
New shows? ric Satellite tvro 1 June 1st 04 04:56 AM
New Fox shows? John M Tivo personal television 6 October 2nd 03 10:09 PM