One More Recently Deleted ???

Old October 7th 07, 05:44 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Jazz_Azz

Default One More Recently Deleted ???

On the Series 2 DT, on the Recently Deleted List, in merely a week, I
have already amassed 23 on that list. Not that many, I guess. But is
there a way to mass permanent delete them?? Or must it be done one at
a time???

TIA

Old October 7th 07, 05:57 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Mike Hunt

On 2007-10-07, Jazz_Azz wrote:
On the Series 2 DT, on the Recently Deleted List, in merely a week, I
have already amassed 23 on that list. Not that many, I guess. But is
there a way to mass permanent delete them?? Or must it be done one at
a time???

Why do you care?

--
This is my .sig
Old October 7th 07, 06:15 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Jazz_Azz

On 2007-10-07, Jazz_Azz wrote:

On the Series 2 DT, on the Recently Deleted List, in merely a week, I
have already amassed 23 on that list. Not that many, I guess. But is
there a way to mass permanent delete them?? Or must it be done one at
a time???

Why do you care?

--
This is my .sig

Well, since I always delete a program after viewing it, I will never
run out of space on the HD.And since my Wife says I am a bit OCDLOL
(AKA MonkLOL), it will drive me nuts, and believe you me, that is a
very short trip for meLOL, to see the Recently Deleted number get
higher and higher.

Incidentally, I love to watch Monk. I keep trying to get my Son/
Daughter In Law to watch that show. And she says, "Why do we need to
watch that, when we've got you??" LOL LOL :-).

Night all, this aging old fart is TIRED.

Old October 7th 07, 02:07 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
GB[_3_]

They're deleted. They're gone. Just like deleting a file in windows. Just
that if the show (file) space has not been written over it can be restored.

oups.com...

Old October 7th 07, 05:54 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Jazz_Azz

On Oct 7, 5:07 am, "GB" wrote:
They're deleted. They're gone. Just like deleting a file in windows. Just
that if the show (file) space has not been written over it can be restored.

oups.com...

On 2007-10-07, Jazz_Azz wrote:

[...]

No, it can't be totally gone, since the show can be retrieved, if
wanted. So it must still be taking up the same amount of space
IMHO :-).

Old October 7th 07, 06:19 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Herb

Jazz_Azz wrote:

On Oct 7, 5:07 am, "GB" wrote:

They're deleted. They're gone. Just like deleting a file in windows. Just
that if the show (file) space has not been written over it can be restored.

groups.com...

On 2007-10-07, Jazz_Azz wrote:

[...]

But it's completely available. The only thing that happens when you
"permanently delete" something (on your Tivo OR your PC) is that the
directory pointer is removed. ON the Tivo that happens automatically
when the space is needed for something new.

Old October 7th 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
GMAN[_3_]

In article . com, Jazz_Azz wrote:
On Oct 7, 5:07 am, "GB" wrote:
They're deleted. They're gone. Just like deleting a file in windows. Just
that if the show (file) space has not been written over it can be restored.

oups.com...

On 2007-10-07, Jazz_Azz wrote:

[...]

But if some new show needs the space it will take it, you dont need to worry
about the deleled shows , they will get overwritten when the space is needed.

On 2007-10-07, Jazz_Azz wrote:

[...]

You guys don't get I'M PARTIALLY OCD (Just ask my WifeLOL LOL).

Those ever increasing #s will drive me MONK, I mean nutsLOL LOL :-).

OK, I give in, I understand they will be automatically overwritten as
space is needed. Problem is , my viewing, immediately deleting habit
will always afford me space, and that recently deleted list will
GROWAND GROWAND GROWAND GROWLOL.

Hey Monk, Got an erasure??? :-).

Old October 7th 07, 07:41 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Mike Hunt

On 2007-10-07, Jazz_Azz wrote:

OK, I give in, I understand they will be automatically overwritten as
space is needed. Problem is , my viewing, immediately deleting habit
will always afford me space, and that recently deleted list will
GROWAND GROWAND GROWAND GROWLOL.

It will stop growing when you run out of disk space. Then it will just be
FIFO.

--
This is my .sig
Old October 7th 07, 08:52 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Peter Pan

Jazz_Azz wrote:

You guys don't get I'M PARTIALLY OCD (Just ask my WifeLOL LOL).

Those ever increasing #s will drive me MONK, I mean nutsLOL LOL :-).

OK, I give in, I understand they will be automatically overwritten as
space is needed. Problem is , my viewing, immediately deleting habit
will always afford me space, and that recently deleted list will
GROWAND GROWAND GROWAND GROWLOL.

Hey Monk, Got an erasure??? :-).

Two thoughts... Go to the recently deleted folder and permanently delete
each entry, or
go to
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/mon...monk_game.html
and play the "Monk's Mind Game"

Actually there was a third, something about having brain surgery and
becoming a full OCD instead of just a partial