Labgear DTT100 physical dimensions?

Old November 2nd 03, 12:59 AM
Paul Speller

Default Labgear DTT100 physical dimensions?

Hi there,

Please could someone with a Labgear DTT100 box and a ruler/tape measure
please post the dimensions of the box - particularly the height? I have
a smallish space between my kitchen TV and a shelf above it which I
would ideally like to fit the box into, you see.

Also, does it have ventilation holes in the top, or the bottom, or the
side(s)? I don't want to block those and cause damage/a fire!

Thanks,

Paul
Old November 2nd 03, 01:17 AM

Have a look at the relevand pdf on the Labgear site. But remember that these
things need ventilation. Digiboxes I mean, not pdfs.

On the subject of television interference, there can be no doubt that the most
effective solution is the one that prevents the interference from ever
occurring.
Practical Television, August 1950.

Old November 2nd 03, 01:33 AM
Alan

In message , Paul Speller
wrote
Hi there,

Please could someone with a Labgear DTT100 box and a ruler/tape measure
please post the dimensions of the box - particularly the height? I have
a smallish space between my kitchen TV and a shelf above it which I
would ideally like to fit the box into, you see.

According to http://www.labgear.co.uk/dtt100/features.htm

Size (approx.) 252mm(w) x 180mm(d) x 51mm(h)

--
Alan

Old November 2nd 03, 10:08 AM
Orange

"Paul Speller" wrote in message
Hi there,

Please could someone with a Labgear DTT100 box and a ruler/tape measure
please post the dimensions of the box - particularly the height? I have
a smallish space between my kitchen TV and a shelf above it which I
would ideally like to fit the box into, you see.

Also, does it have ventilation holes in the top, or the bottom, or the
side(s)? I don't want to block those and cause damage/a fire!

The new Pace DTF 210 must be one of the most compact receivers on the
market, and runs pretty cool as it only consumes seven Watts of power.

http://www.pace.co.uk/paceproducts/p...DT&product=195

Thanks,

Paul

Old November 2nd 03, 11:55 AM
Paul Speller

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 01:33:12 +0000, Alan wrote:

According to http://www.labgear.co.uk/dtt100/features.htm
Size (approx.) 252mm(w) x 180mm(d) x 51mm(h)

OK, I really need to try to find these things out when I'm less tired. I
searched Google, I looked through that whole site (and countless
others), and I never spotted that, even though I have that URL in my
History. Apologies for the time-wasting request, and thanks for the
response!

Paul

Old November 2nd 03, 12:07 PM
Paul Speller

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 10:08:29 -0000, Orange wrote:

The new Pace DTF 210 must be one of the most compact receivers on the
market, and runs pretty cool as it only consumes seven Watts of power.
http://www.pace.co.uk/paceproducts/p...DT&product=195

Thanks for the tip, hadn't spotted that one before. As far as I can see,
the 25mm tall one seems to be the European version: the UK version is
slightly taller (31mm I think). Still very compact though. I've found it
on Empire Direct but it's £20 more than the Labgear and I'm not sure how
it copes on borderline reception areas, so I may just have to rethink
the positioning of the STB and go for the Labgear I think.

Thanks everyone

Paul