Whistling Labgear DA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 10th 19, 10:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Whistling Labgear DA

That should have said intermodulation but I left the spell check on auto.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Yes that pressure effect and the intermediation is what I hear. I think my
hearing was damaged in the 80s when I got too close to a couple of
lightning strikes. I now have some tinnitus which is very much like a
dodgy psu or line timbase with rattling core!

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 09/02/2019 18:52, Mark Carver wrote:
I bought this for our lad's flat, and installed it just before
Christmas. Does the job fine, so I switched it off and forgot all about
it.

Yesterday he (finally !) moved in, and switched it on. He tells me
there's a penetrating high pitched whistle from it. Neither myself
nor Mrs Carver can hear anything. I assume it's the SMPSU making the
racket. Do they all do that, designed to go in the loft to keep bats
away (or attract them, I'm not sure how it works ?) Or am I (well he)
unlucky, (his is installed behind the sofa in the living room) and I'll
just throw it back at CPC and get another one?

https://cpc.farnell.com/labgear/lda102r/booster-2-output-4g-filtered-red/dp/AP03298?ost=ap03298&ddkey=https%3Aen-CPC%2FCPC_United_Kingdom%2Fsearch

I haven't heard any other complaints, so hopefully it's a one-off. So
send it back. But first I'd ask the complaining bat to double check it's
the amp making the noise. Put a pillow or a hand over it and see if the
noise is attenuated. Try switching it on and off. In a new flat there
could be other unfamiliar sources of weird sounds.