Help!!! Adjusting Samsung HLN507W (DLP)

Old August 28th 03, 03:51 AM
Robbin Merritt

Default Help!!! Adjusting Samsung HLN507W (DLP)

Search the Rear Projection forum of AVSFORUM.COM. A lot of Sammy DLP owners
hang out there. You can find a lot of "tweeking" tips. Even a spread sheet
with the complete settings from some very experienced people. While I had my
HLN617W, I found it invaluable.

"....." wrote in message
t...
I'm trying to adjust the color and contrast on this DLP TV, for a

progessive
scan DVD input (movie mode) and broadcast TV.

The problem is that the red is very prominent (particularly in skin

tones),
and colors in general look artificial; either washed out, or too bright.

This is the first large screen TV for me, and, it seems like the Samsung

is
tricky to adjust.

How, exactly, should I go about doing these adjustments? Would a

calibration
DVD help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Steve

Old September 3rd 03, 06:24 AM
Bulk Daddy

"....." wrote in
t:

I'm trying to adjust the color and contrast on this DLP TV, for a
progessive scan DVD input (movie mode) and broadcast TV.

The problem is that the red is very prominent (particularly in skin
tones), and colors in general look artificial; either washed out, or

Change the color tone. I like cool 2 for having less red.