Anyone got any good recommedations for A DLP/LCD video projector for home cinema , anything upto £1999.99 , but have read before about excellent sub £1000 models , picture quality is the most important factor to me , any links to reviews etc would

Old October 26th 04, 12:35 AM
Just Wondering

Default Anyone got any good recommedations for A DLP/LCD video projector for home cinema , anything upto £1999.99 , but have read before about excellent sub £1000 models , picture quality is the most important factor to me , any links to reviews etc would

Anyone got any good recommedations for A DLP/LCD video projector for home
cinema , anything upto £1999.99 , but have read before about excellent sub
£1000 models , picture quality is the most important factor to me , any
links to reviews etc would be a real bonus.

TIA

Old October 26th 04, 09:58 AM
Nigel Walker

"Just Wondering" wrote in message
Anyone got any good recommedations for A DLP/LCD video projector for home
cinema , anything upto £1999.99 , but have read before about excellent sub
£1000 models , picture quality is the most important factor to me , any
links to reviews etc would be a real bonus.

TIA

I have an NEC HT1000 DLP projector which has had very little use that I want
to sell.

Email me: nawalker at softome.net if you're interested.

Nigel.

Old October 26th 04, 01:40 PM
Nigel Walker

"Nigel Walker" wrote in message

"Just Wondering" wrote in message
Anyone got any good recommedations for A DLP/LCD video projector for home
cinema , anything upto £1999.99 , but have read before about excellent
sub £1000 models , picture quality is the most important factor to me ,
any links to reviews etc would be a real bonus.

TIA

Oops that should be: nawalker at softhome.net

Nigel.

Old October 26th 04, 06:14 PM
Gary Lightfoot

Nigel Walker wrote:
"Just Wondering" wrote in message
Anyone got any good recommedations for A DLP/LCD video projector

for
home cinema , anything upto £1999.99 , but have read before about
excellent sub £1000 models , picture quality is the most important
factor to me , any links to reviews etc would be a real bonus.

TIA

I have an NEC HT1000 DLP projector which has had very little use

that
I want to sell.

Email me: nawalker at softome.net if you're interested.

Just Wondering:

This pj is definately worth a look, and can be great value
second-hand. For image quality better than this, with genuine contrast
to match will cost you more than £2000. It'll probably still have some
warranty left too.

The HT1000 can give one of the best images available, and with a Hoya
FL-Day filter, can achieve 2400:1 real world contrast when calibrated
to D65. I was getting over 2000:1 when calibrated without the filter
BTW. It's capable of more, but colour acuracy will suffer.

Some of the sub £1000 models are pretty good, but wont offer full PAL
resolution as most are 800 x 600 or 848 x 480 which is widescreen NTSC
res.

Have you seen a DLP before? See before you buy - some people have
issues with the 'rainbow effect', but not everybody sees them. LCD has
its own set of problems, so demo before you buy.

What are you upgrading to Nigel? H77 maybe?

Gary.

Old October 27th 04, 01:49 PM
Nigel Walker

"Gary Lightfoot" wrote in message
Nigel Walker wrote:
[...]

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the HT1000 plug! The truth is I'm just not getting the use out of
it - I think it has 40 hours on it! The trouble is I don't have a dedicated
room like you and I have come to the conclusion that a Plasma is probably a
better choice just at the moment.

Cheers,
Nigel.