My 2012 Toshiba only scans for analog

Old February 18th 18, 06:35 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Rich Gallagher

Default My 2012 Toshiba only scans for analog

TV was fine until I removed the cables and reattached. When turned back on no channels found. I've tried to scan again, no luck. I reset to factory settings. Same issue.

Under Installation - Channel Options it shows all the channels as Analog.

Is that my issue and is there a way to change those channels to digital?
Old February 22nd 18, 10:09 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Del Mibbler

Rich Gallagher wrote:

TV was fine until I removed the cables and reattached. When turned back on no channels found. I've tried to scan again, no luck. I reset to factory settings. Same issue.

Under Installation - Channel Options it shows all the channels as Analog.

Is that my issue and is there a way to change those channels to digital?

You didn't provide much info to work with. What model TV? "2012
Toshiba" covers a lot of models. Does it have more than one RF (coax)
input? If so, are you sure you didn't mix up the cables?

What's your source? You're unlikely to get any analog channels with an
antenna (in the US, anyway) although there may be a few low power ones
that weren't required to go digital when the rest were.

Some cable companies, particularly smaller ones, may still have analog
channels. Most large ones have gone completely digital and some have
encrypted everything including locals, so you won't get them by
connecting the cable directly to the TV.

If you hook the RF input of the TV to the RF output of a cable box
you'll get a single analog channel, usually 3 or 4, showing whatever
channel the cable box is tuned to. No digital channels.

If you're pretty sure your source should have unencrypted digital
channels that your TV can display, make sure the TV's scanner is set
to the right source (antenna or cable) and that it scans for either
digital only or both analog and digital channels.