Can't get digital channels to auto scan on older vizio gallevia onlyanalog channels

Old September 29th 17, 09:06 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default Can't get digital channels to auto scan on older vizio gallevia onlyanalog channels

So this tv, older. vizio gallevia was getting digital channels on antenna for awhile then we moved it to another room and it had cable. Now its back in bedroom and we are trying to switch it back to broadcast antenna. But when we choose input and tv go to menu on remote we choose air and then auto search and it will only search analog. digital will not scan. on another screen digital is greyed out. Tried setting it back to factory setting an still doesnt work. Frustrated. we are in no position to buy new tv..
Old September 30th 17, 01:35 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Constance Friscia

On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 12:06:45 AM UTC-7, Constance Friscia wrote:
So this tv, older. vizio gallevia was getting digital channels on antenna for awhile then we moved it to another room and it had cable. Now its back in bedroom and we are trying to switch it back to broadcast antenna. But when we choose input and tv go to menu on remote we choose air and then auto search and it will only search analog. digital will not scan. on another screen digital is greyed out. Tried setting it back to factory setting an still doesnt work. Frustrated. we are in no position to buy new tv..

Tried both things Del Mibbler posted. Neither worked.