Vizio TruVolume working backwards!!??

Old January 30th 10, 06:12 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default Vizio TruVolume working backwards!!??

I have a Vizio with TruVolume

Its a feature designed to "maintain a comfortable
listening level when a commercial on or changing
channels"

However, when I have it set to ON, the volume is ALL
over the place! Even varying up/down within same show!

Bought the TV at Costco so no problem taking it back.
But WTH is wrong here? A firmware issue?

I'm using basic cable TV with internal speakers and no
set top boxes of any kind
Old January 30th 10, 06:53 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
LightByrd

wrote in message
news
I have a Vizio with TruVolume

Its a feature designed to "maintain a comfortable
listening level when a commercial on or changing
channels"

However, when I have it set to ON, the volume is ALL
over the place! Even varying up/down within same show!

Bought the TV at Costco so no problem taking it back.
But WTH is wrong here? A firmware issue?

I'm using basic cable TV with internal speakers and no
set top boxes of any kind

I have a Sony XBR CRT with the same feature.
Doesn't seem to do much!
Don't understand, since all it involves is a compressor/limiter, which has
been used in audio since the vacuum tube days

--
Regards,
Richard Harison

Old January 30th 10, 10:35 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

"LightByrd" wrote:

I have a Sony XBR CRT with the same feature.
Doesn't seem to do much!
Don't understand, since all it involves is a compressor/limiter, which has
been used in audio since the vacuum tube days

When I turn it OFF... it actually is less of a pain....
of course TV ads blast the sound up tho.

Id like to *keep* the TV..... but just want to make
sure this is not a "defect"
Old January 30th 10, 10:38 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

UCLAN wrote:

So, my suggestion of a week ago helped (Vizio 23" Razer LED TV audio
all over the place!!) Have you contacted Vizio? SRS?

No... I haven't contacted them cause number one I want
to make sure I'm not imagining this and wondered if
anyone else has this problem with SRS

And two.... wanted to get my facts together BEFORE
calling.

I seriously doubt I will get a straight answer from
either company..... given today's customer service and
I don't relish spending hours on the phone getting a
real human being.

It may just be easier to return to Costco and try
another brand

But thanks for your input
Old January 31st 10, 01:02 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

JimH wrote:

If it affect many Vizio TV sets, it might be worth contacting them. They
may have a new firmware release for it.

Thanks for checking Jim!

I will contract someone next week