DirecTV and Tivo

Old January 26th 05, 05:37 PM
Patrick J. LoPresti

Default DirecTV and Tivo

As a DIRECTV subscriber, I went to
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/glb/Form_Feedback.dsp and submitted
the following feedback:

switch back to cable and get a cable card based TiVo.

I really don't want to do that. But I will if DIRECTV stops offering
TiVo DVRs and only offers some clone.

Just letting you know. Thank you for your patience in reading this!

A few days later, I received the following reply:

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for writing. I can assure you that DIRECTV has a strong
relationship with TiVo and we have not ended our relationship with
them, no matter what you may have heard or read. DIRECTV held a small
equity stake in TiVo which we sold, but this transaction will have no
impact on customers who have (or are thinking about getting) our
DIRECTV DVR with TiVo service.

We continue to offer the DIRECTV DVR with TiVo service, and DIRECTV
DVR with TiVo receivers will still be available for purchase in
standard or high definition format.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest
news and information about our service.

Sincerely,

Leslie
DIRECTV Customer Service

If you are a DIRECTV subscriber and feel the same way, I suggest you
let them know.

- Pat
proud TiVo "rumpswab"