DirecTV Tivo receiver with DirecTV latinamerica feed

Old September 14th 04, 03:58 AM
Javier Minero

Default DirecTV Tivo receiver with DirecTV latinamerica feed

Hi,

I am considering on buying a DirecTV + Tivo unit, which will be used
in Mexico. This kind of receiver is not available in Mexico, and
certainly unsupported by DirecTV Latinamerica.

I have a subsription to DirecTV Latinamerica. Ideally, I would like to
connect this receiver to my antenna, and use my current DirecTV card
to access the satellite. Will this work or is the hardware
incompatible?

I am aware that I might have other kind of issues when it comes to the
phone line and Tivo-DirectTV service, but I plan to hack my way into
them. I am fundamentally interested in knowing if the receiver will be
compatible with the satellite signal and the smartcard.

Many thanks.

Javier
Old September 14th 04, 04:43 AM
Fast Lane

Like any othe DirecTv receiver the access cards are married to the receiver.
So you could buy the receiver and call DirecTV Latinamerica and see if they
will marry the card to the receiver and link it to your account.

om...