Any Unit With DirecTV Tivo and DVD Integrated

Old October 9th 04, 07:48 PM
CHANGE USERNAME TO westes

Default Any Unit With DirecTV Tivo and DVD Integrated

Has any manufacturer come out with, or announced, a DirecTV Tivo unit that
integrates a DVD recorder? If not, is there any DirecTV Tivo that would
allow me to copy the MPG binaries from the Tivo to a computer where I could
save them to DVD?

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Old October 10th 04, 06:04 AM
MegaZone

"CHANGE USERNAME TO westes" shaped the electrons to say:
Has any manufacturer come out with, or announced, a DirecTV Tivo unit that
integrates a DVD recorder? If not, is there any DirecTV Tivo that would
allow me to copy the MPG binaries from the Tivo to a computer where I could
save them to DVD?

1. No, and it isn't likely. The signal from the satellite isn't DVD
Video compliant so a unit would have to transcode to burn a DVD.

2. Sure - you can hack a unit to do that.

-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
--
URL:mailto:megazoneatmegazone.org Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me.
URL:http://www.megazone.org/ URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/ Eris