It's Back!

Old January 14th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro

Default It's Back!

That which my receiver believes to be T4-20 is back. Fans of Sunday
evening soap operas, rejoice.
Old January 15th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
BigFoot

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:59:30 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

T4-20 is back

Yes...hopefully, until OTA digital deadline comes about...thx
Old January 15th 08, 07:33 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Sal M. Onella

wrote:

T4-20 is back

Yes...hopefully, until OTA digital deadline comes about...thx

Hm-m-m-m ... Doesn't the OTA digital deadline only affect land-based
transmissions in the TV broadcast bands?

Old January 15th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
BigFoot

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:33:27 -0800, "Sal M. Onella"
wrote:

Hm-m-m-m ... Doesn't the OTA digital deadline only affect land-based
transmissions in the TV broadcast bands?

Yes...but networks are feeding this stuff to them...so, if your local
station is setup to do digital, I would doubt they need an analog
feed.

Hence, analog is dead once OTA is 100% digital...for networks.
Old January 15th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Gary Davis[_2_]

Default It's Back.... and it's gone ;-(

SSIA
Old January 16th 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
UCLAN

BigFoot wrote:

Hm-m-m-m ... Doesn't the OTA digital deadline only affect land-based
transmissions in the TV broadcast bands?

Yes...but networks are feeding this stuff to them...so, if your local
station is setup to do digital, I would doubt they need an analog
feed.

Hence, analog is dead once OTA is 100% digital...for networks.

The local station has to convert to ATSC to transmit the signal OTA. It
makes no difference whether it is digital or analog going to them. The
FCC's "GO DIGITAL" mandate for OTA transmissions is irrelevant when
discussing ABC's feed on satellite. One has nothing to do with the other.
Old January 16th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
UCLAN

Gary Davis wrote:

SSIA

???

All I know was I got static when I went there to watch "Boston Legal"
tonight. Bummer.
Old January 16th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
PaulTry

Gary Davis wrote:
SSIA

It's back again this afternoon with color bars but (on my
system) marginal signal strength/quality.
Old January 17th 08, 09:46 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Gary Davis[_2_]

Agree, I am getting it poorly. uHenry says he is getting it well...
--G

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:48:25 -0600, PaulTry
wrote:

It's back again this afternoon with color bars but (on my
system) marginal signal strength/quality.

Back to Back recording problem Norm Tivo personal television 1 November 19th 05 04:01 PM
Back to sky? hendry UK digital tv 10 September 8th 04 10:06 PM
Season Pass + Padding = no back-to-back episodes ("Friends" finaleand restrostpective) Joe Smith Tivo personal television 1 May 5th 04 05:06 PM
Sky+ for £99 (is back) Sima UK sky 12 April 25th 04 07:54 PM
Back to back episodes... AmericanPsycho Tivo personal television 4 January 26th 04 05:53 PM