Vizio 56" DLP - Wow!

Old July 10th 04, 08:19 PM
KazamaSmokers

Default Vizio 56" DLP - Wow!

Picked up one last week when they were on special at Costco. Trucked
it home... hooked it up... wasn't impressed.

So I went out and bought component cables. Yow! Huge difference! Set
up a little HD demo... incredible! The picture is eye-popping. Easily
the equal of the Sammy. And for a LOT less. Can't wait to see what DVI
will look like. Yeah, the speakers suck, but that's to be expected.
Almost anyone who buys one will set up external audio anyways.

All in all... an incredible bargain. Anyone else checked out this set?
Old July 10th 04, 08:21 PM
Son of man

"KazamaSmokers" wrote in message
om...
Picked up one last week when they were on special at Costco. Trucked
it home... hooked it up... wasn't impressed.

So I went out and bought component cables. Yow! Huge difference! Set
up a little HD demo... incredible! The picture is eye-popping. Easily
the equal of the Sammy. And for a LOT less. Can't wait to see what DVI
will look like. Yeah, the speakers suck, but that's to be expected.
Almost anyone who buys one will set up external audio anyways.

All in all... an incredible bargain. Anyone else checked out this set?

What did you pay? What connection did you use before component?

And yes, DVI should be the best picture for true digital HD source material.

Old July 10th 04, 08:24 PM
Son of man

"Son of man" wrote in message
. ..
"KazamaSmokers" wrote in message
om...
Picked up one last week when they were on special at Costco. Trucked
it home... hooked it up... wasn't impressed.

So I went out and bought component cables. Yow! Huge difference! Set
up a little HD demo... incredible! The picture is eye-popping. Easily
the equal of the Sammy. And for a LOT less. Can't wait to see what DVI
will look like. Yeah, the speakers suck, but that's to be expected.
Almost anyone who buys one will set up external audio anyways.

All in all... an incredible bargain. Anyone else checked out this set?

What did you pay? What connection did you use before component?

And yes, DVI should be the best picture for true digital HD source

material.

another question...does it have computer VGA inputs?

Old July 10th 04, 08:47 PM
Jeff B

KazamaSmokers wrote:

Picked up one last week when they were on special at Costco. Trucked
it home... hooked it up... wasn't impressed.

So I went out and bought component cables. Yow! Huge difference!

???? Difference compared to what?

Jeff B

Old July 11th 04, 04:45 AM
KazamaSmokers

"Son of man" wrote in message ...
"Son of man" wrote in message
. ..
"KazamaSmokers" wrote in message
om...
Picked up one last week when they were on special at Costco. Trucked
it home... hooked it up... wasn't impressed.

So I went out and bought component cables. Yow! Huge difference! Set
up a little HD demo... incredible! The picture is eye-popping. Easily
the equal of the Sammy. And for a LOT less. Can't wait to see what DVI
will look like. Yeah, the speakers suck, but that's to be expected.
Almost anyone who buys one will set up external audio anyways.

All in all... an incredible bargain. Anyone else checked out this set?

What did you pay? What connection did you use before component?

And yes, DVI should be the best picture for true digital HD source

material.

another question...does it have computer VGA inputs?

Yes. Tried it out this afternoon. Real crisp. No overscan.
Old July 11th 04, 04:47 AM
KazamaSmokers

"Son of man" wrote in message ...
"KazamaSmokers" wrote in message
om...
Picked up one last week when they were on special at Costco. Trucked
it home... hooked it up... wasn't impressed.

So I went out and bought component cables. Yow! Huge difference! Set
up a little HD demo... incredible! The picture is eye-popping. Easily
the equal of the Sammy. And for a LOT less. Can't wait to see what DVI
will look like. Yeah, the speakers suck, but that's to be expected.
Almost anyone who buys one will set up external audio anyways.

All in all... an incredible bargain. Anyone else checked out this set?

What did you pay?

*$2499.00 at the Costco in Nashua, NH (no sales tax in NH)

What connection did you use before component?

*Composite.

And yes, DVI should be the best picture for true digital HD source material.

Old July 11th 04, 08:21 PM
Son of man

"KazamaSmokers" wrote in message
om...
"Son of man" wrote in message

"Son of man" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

It really sounds like a fantastic buy...not many HDTVs have computer
inputs...

Old July 11th 04, 09:32 PM
Jeff B

What do you mean "composite"? HDTV doesn't use composite.

Of course it can...most all HDTVs support composite and S-video inputs, I
don't know of any that don't!

These are NTSC (aka 480i) not hi definition formats.

Jeff B

My Hughes E86 HDTV receiver supports S-video and composite output

Which are 480i, not 720p or 1080i.

Jeff B

Old July 11th 04, 09:33 PM
Jeff B

Wrong...the HD signals are downconverted to SD....

which makes them SD, not HD

Jeff B

Old July 11th 04, 09:41 PM
Son of man

"Jeff B" wrote in message
news:luhIc.58114$%[email protected]_s01...

Wrong...the HD signals are downconverted to SD....

which makes them SD, not HD

Correct...but you can still watch HD channels....which is what I obviously
meant

Jeff B