Vizio LCD TV's a good deal?

Old September 19th 06, 06:57 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default Vizio LCD TV's a good deal?

I have noticed the price of Vizio LCD TVs at Sams Club are
significantly cheaper that other brands.

For example

32" Philips 32PF7321D/37 $998.77
32" Vizio L32HDTV $699.88

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...age=1&sortby=3

What can anybody tell me about Vizio's quality. How are they able to
price them com much lower than the other brands? The skeptic in me
worries that there is something wrong with them to account to the price
difference.

Old September 20th 06, 04:35 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
kingmiwok

I'm interested in one myself, and was looking at them at Costco.

For whatever it means... While I was standing there, 3 unboxed ones
went by on a cart towards the back of the store, pushed by a Costco
employee. They had handwritten notes on then that said 'do not
resell', or somethign to that effect. So they're getting returns on
those models, and they are not in a condition to be resold.

Old September 20th 06, 06:21 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
eHDMI

wrote:
I have noticed the price of Vizio LCD TVs at Sams Club are
significantly cheaper that other brands.

For example

32" Philips 32PF7321D/37 $998.77
32" Vizio L32HDTV $699.88

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...age=1&sortby=3

What can anybody tell me about Vizio's quality. How are they able to
price them com much lower than the other brands? The skeptic in me
worries that there is something wrong with them to account to the price
difference.

_______________________
I have a 37" Vizio and it works great. As for the Chinese comment,
most of the TV's are made by the same companies. You'd be hard pressed
to hard hardly anything that's not made in China these days.

Keith
http://www.eHDMI.com

Old September 21st 06, 02:10 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
willbill

wrote:

I have noticed the price of Vizio LCD TVs at Sams Club are
significantly cheaper that other brands.

For example

32" Philips 32PF7321D/37 $998.77
32" Vizio L32HDTV $699.88

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...age=1&sortby=3

the price of these things are in free fall
and will continue that way for at least
the next 24 months, due in large part to
the current ongoing switchover from OTA
analog to digital

e.g. at a local Chicago area Costco, the 32"
Vizio was $850 just 12 months ago, then 6/7
months ago it was $800, and this past month
it moved to $700

What can anybody tell me about Vizio's quality. How are they able to
price them com much lower than the other brands? The skeptic in me
worries that there is something wrong with them to account to the price
difference.

i don't yet own any HDTV of any kind

i do have a digital TV tuner, so
i have half a clue and a lot of interest

i know that Costco has a great return policy,
and suspect that Sam's club does also

i was at Costco today and wrote down the following:

1. Vizio 32" LCD 16x9: $699.99

2. Sony Bravia 32" LCD 16x9: $1299.99

3. Sharp Aquos 32" LCD 16x9: $1199.99

they all have the same 1366x768 resolution

what exactly makes them (Sony/Sharp) worth
the extra $500/600??? that is a *lot* of
extra money for a very similar product.
i mean, almost double for the Sony

odds are you can buy the Vizio now,
have the saved money in *your* pocket,
let the free fall price slide go on
for the next 24 months, and make a more
serious purchase at that time

i also like that the Vizio comes with
a guarantee of *zero* bright pixel defects

just a few thoughts from one with no experience.

bill