Freeview EPG arrives - kinda (was Pace Twin discussion)

Old May 5th 04, 09:21 PM
Lee Mellows

Default Freeview EPG arrives - kinda (was Pace Twin discussion)

Someone mentioned that the *full* Freeview EPG was going to arrive in London
tonight and I can confirm that this has actually happened!
My Pace Twin is showing programmes past the 'now and next' limit - well into
tomorrow night, but it's sooooo slow that I couldn't be bothered to look any
further!

Still, it's a start, and it *does* appear to work - I've set it to record
the Save-ums tomorrow morning, fingers crossed...

Old May 5th 04, 10:05 PM
Andy [Fanny Batter]

Lee Mellows wrote:

My Pace Twin is showing programmes past the 'now and next' limit -
well into tomorrow night, but it's sooooo slow that I couldn't be
bothered to look any further!

If it's anything like the now&next I'm used to, then it's not going to be
useable. I'm just hoping they're not currently using all of the bandwidth
available for the EPG, and come roll out it'll be halfway decent.

That written, I've never been that impressed with digital teletext, BBCi and
the like. I don't know whether it's just me, but I'm happier using
terrestrial teletext. ITV - 300 news, 401 football, 480 f1, 330 local news,
200 cheapo holidays - it's quick, convenient and useful - With this mheg
cobblers it seems to take an age to find what you want, using just the 4
colour coded keys to navigate, it's pretty but crap... Or am I doing
something wrong?

Andy

Old May 5th 04, 10:34 PM
Tony Wood

In message , "Andy
[Fanny Batter]" writes
If it's anything like the now&next I'm used to, then it's not going to be
useable. I'm just hoping they're not currently using all of the bandwidth
available for the EPG, and come roll out it'll be halfway decent.

That written, I've never been that impressed with digital teletext, BBCi and
the like. I don't know whether it's just me, but I'm happier using
terrestrial teletext. ITV - 300 news, 401 football, 480 f1, 330 local news,
200 cheapo holidays - it's quick, convenient and useful - With this mheg
cobblers it seems to take an age to find what you want, using just the 4
colour coded keys to navigate, it's pretty but crap... Or am I doing
something wrong?

It's not just you. Bloody unusable the digital stuff IMO!

Tony.
Old May 5th 04, 11:23 PM
the dog from that film you saw

"Andy [Fanny Batter]" wrote in message

That written, I've never been that impressed with digital teletext, BBCi

and
the like. I don't know whether it's just me, but I'm happier using
terrestrial teletext. ITV - 300 news, 401 football, 480 f1, 330 local

news,
200 cheapo holidays - it's quick, convenient and useful - With this mheg
cobblers it seems to take an age to find what you want, using just the 4
colour coded keys to navigate, it's pretty but crap... Or am I doing
something wrong?

on my parents IDTV it's like treacle - unuseable.
however on the pace external box it's nice and fast - faster than regular
teletext

--
Gareth.
Quote of the day.

Old May 6th 04, 12:38 AM
APPRIA40WR

"Lee Mellows" wrote in message ...
Someone mentioned that the *full* Freeview EPG was going to arrive in London
tonight and I can confirm that this has actually happened!
My Pace Twin is showing programmes past the 'now and next' limit - well into
tomorrow night, but it's sooooo slow that I couldn't be bothered to look any
further!

Still, it's a start, and it *does* appear to work - I've set it to record
the Save-ums tomorrow morning, fingers crossed...

Excellent!

Hopefully they'll get their finger out and sort it GB-wide.

--
SPYCAM for sale: http://tinyurl.com/3c9p4
PCI GFX card wanted

Pace Twin PVR Freeview -update. APPRIA40WR UK home cinema 5 May 7th 04 10:31 PM
Pace Twin Freeview recorder -first impressions APPRIA40WR UK home cinema 11 April 21st 04 02:10 PM
pace twin bev UK home cinema 3 April 18th 04 10:50 PM
Pace Twin PVR APPRIA40WR UK home cinema 18 April 18th 04 06:45 PM
Pace twin questions Patrick Navin UK home cinema 18 March 3rd 04 10:46 AM