OT Question

Old October 21st 16, 01:47 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default OT Question

But I know there's a lot of brain power here. At least I hope so. I mean, I hope
this group isn't dead too. I haven't seen any new posts here in quite a while.

Okay, so last year, I built a new computer. I put in two Samsung 500Gb solid
state drives which are drives C and D.

I also installed a 1Tb Western Digital hard drive, which I partitioned into
drives E and F. Both equal in size.

I'd have gone all solid state if I could have afforded it.

Now that I can, I was thinking about replacing the spinning hard drive with two
more Smasung solid state 500Gb drives.

Will I be able to just copy all the data from the exisiting E and F drives onto
new solid state drives and then replace them with the solid state? I mean, I
know data will still be okay, but will programs I have installed on the E and F
drives run alright or will I have to reinstall them?

Thanks for any input or replies.
Old October 21st 16, 11:56 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Jim Wilkins[_2_]

wrote in message
[...]

I used to keep only the OS on the small C: drive and install programs
on larger internal or USB drives, but sometimes the letters of extra
drives would change when I plugged in or removed a DVD drive, etc, and
the desktop shortcuts to programs would fail until I corrected their
Target and Start In paths.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/21100...anagement.html

--jsw