anyone just have Tivo Transfer hiccup and die?

Old December 12th 13, 03:06 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
danny burstein

Default anyone just have Tivo Transfer hiccup and die?

I've got a TiVo HD here hooked in my WiFi network.
Working fine.

Until a day or two ago I could login to it from
my various Macs, either by using Toast's "Tivo Transfer"
utiity (part of the Toast program mix) or by

https://[local_ip_address]/nowplaying/index.html

(needed the MAC ID number from the unit, of course)

I'd then get a list of programs stored on the TiVo
and could d/l most of them.

Starting about 48 hours ago TiVo Txfer sees the
machine on the network, but can't hook up to it.

Trying https gets a timeout with both FF and Safari.

I _can_ ping it, but that's all.

I've tried a full power down reboot of the TiVo,
and for good measure, also the router and the Mac.

(sometimes in the past there'd be Some Glitch [tm]
and one or the other would clear it)

Nada.

Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

- various Macs using 10.6 and a couple with 10.5

About three months ago we "upgraded" the cable connection
to Charter's SDV (Switched Digital Video). But I've
been able to make the transfers ok until yesterday.

Thanks...

Old December 12th 13, 03:25 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Drew Lawson[_2_]

In article
danny burstein writes:

Starting about 48 hours ago TiVo Txfer sees the
machine on the network, but can't hook up to it.

Unfortunately, I don't keep track of the software versions on my
TiVo, but something definitely changed recently.

(Is there a URL to get that off a DVR?)

I have a home-grown replacement for TiVoDesktop, and it had been
plugging away just fine for a year or three. Around 26 November,
I noticed that it was no longer getting guide info when
downloading a show.

It is as if the post-download unresponsiveness had expanded.
(I've always had to request /TiVoConnect?Command=ResetServer after
a download or the DVR hangs on the next download.)

I rearranged my code to grab details before downloading the show,
and things seemed to be good then. Of course, TiVo maye have
reverted the change I was battling.

I've tried a full power down reboot of the TiVo,
and for good measure, also the router and the Mac.

That was going to be my suggestion. When I've gotten it in a bad
state with transfer requests, that always "fixed" it (for at least
one more transfer).

No harm in trying the ResetServer URL. It does not reboot the TiVo.
As far as I can tell, it resets the HTTP/HTTPS portion of the server.

--
Drew Lawson And I know there's more to the story
I know I need to see more

Sporadic Tivo to Tivo transfer function availability Character Tivo personal television 3 September 21st 09 07:34 PM
Parental controls block TiVo-to-TiVo transfer!? Rich Wales Tivo personal television 0 July 26th 05 01:51 AM
first hiccup Alistair UK sky 1 June 14th 05 07:35 AM
Problem with HD Tivo hiccup - is it just me?? Treadmill Satellite dbs 1 May 14th 05 06:37 AM
Can Tivo ToGo transfer from PC back to Tivo? neckbeard Tivo personal television 3 January 8th 05 03:04 AM