Sky+ Box

Old March 24th 13, 08:56 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
DJH

Default Sky+ Box

I'm just about to cancel Sky - we're at the point now where we can no longer
afford it and we've been through the half price negotiating bit many times.
We have a Sky+ Box. After cancelling Sky, is that totally redundant? Will it
not be able to record Freeview channels?
And what about the stuff on there that's recorded? There are a couple of TV
programmes my granddaughter was in - do I lose all that?
Or is that any way to transfer what I've got recorded to memory stick or
something?
Thank you for your help

Old March 26th 13, 08:52 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

I'm just about to cancel Sky - we're at the point now where we can no longer
afford it and we've been through the half price negotiating bit many times.
We have a Sky+ Box. After cancelling Sky, is that totally redundant? Will it
not be able to record Freeview channels?
And what about the stuff on there that's recorded? There are a couple of TV
programmes my granddaughter was in - do I lose all that?
Or is that any way to transfer what I've got recorded to memory stick or
something?
Thank you for your help

I believe that you used to be able to cancel your Sky TV sub, but retain the
£10 Sky+ charge. However, now that there is no charge for Sky+ features, I'm
not sure if that's still the case.

As for the recordings you currently have, they are encrypted on the hard
disk, and you need an active subscription for each recording to be able to
play it back (with the exception of recordings of channels broadcast in the
clear obviously).

Andy

virgin box v sky box Krustov UK sky 1 May 19th 08 04:37 AM
Sky+ box - got a refurb box, should I complain? David Wright UK sky 11 August 4th 07 03:05 PM
Swap multiroom box for sky+ box? The Kop King UK sky 3 December 15th 05 06:12 AM
Any way to use the SKY+ box as a Freeview box & HDD Tony Burke UK sky 10 December 19th 04 10:22 AM
If I upgrade to Sky+ will Sky give me a card for my existing box? loz UK sky 14 August 23rd 04 11:40 PM