updating Flash player in Panasonic web browser

Old December 5th 12, 04:27 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default updating Flash player in Panasonic web browser

i have just bought LED idTv TH-L42ET5H , i very disappoint on TV browser not support flash player , i have sent email to panasonic complain and require upgrade or issue new browser on viera market. In 2012, smart TV not support flash player is crazy design.
Old December 5th 12, 07:25 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Ant

On 12/4/2012 8:27 PM PT, typed:

i have just bought LED idTv TH-L42ET5H , i very disappoint on TV browser not support flash player , i have sent email to panasonic complain and require upgrade or issue new browser on viera market. In 2012, smart TV not support flash player is crazy design.

What will happen when Flash get obsolete? Adobe wants to dump it.

--
"Number fourteen. The naughty bits of an ant." --Monty Python's Flying
Circus
Old December 6th 12, 12:13 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

i have just bought LED idTv TH-L42ET5H , i very disappoint on TV browser not
support flash player , i have sent email to panasonic complain and require
upgrade or issue new browser on viera market. In 2012, smart TV not support
flash player is crazy design.

Either:

1: You bought a tv for which you failed to research and or verify it does what you
want. If this is the case, you messed up!

2: You bought a tv that does not do what the manufacturer, salesperson or product
literature says it will do. If this is the case, take the damn thing back!

Posted with NewsLeecher v4.0 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old October 19th 13, 11:27 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

02 август 2012, четвъртък, 17:44:07 UTC+3, semperlinux написа:
Hi Forum,

I've just bought a Panasonic 42" Plasma - main reason was to watch

Internet TV with the built-in web browser.

Model no is TX-P42ST50B

And now the fine print kicks in - "not all functions may be possible

with the web browser".

To be more exact, it's not possible to update the Flash player which

more or less renders the web browser unusable.

Anyone else confronted with this ?

More to the point, does anyone know if and when Panasonic might produce

a patch to fix this ?

Many thanks,

Semperlinux

--

semperlinux

и аз имам проблем с 42 инча и браузъра му не мога да гледам клипове,няма плеар.
Old October 22nd 13, 12:21 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

On Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:44:07 AM UTC-4, semperlinux wrote:
Hi Forum,

I've just bought a Panasonic 42" Plasma - main reason was to watch

Internet TV with the built-in web browser.

Model no is TX-P42ST50B

And now the fine print kicks in - "not all functions may be possible

with the web browser".

To be more exact, it's not possible to update the Flash player which

more or less renders the web browser unusable.

Anyone else confronted with this ?

More to the point, does anyone know if and when Panasonic might produce

a patch to fix this ?

Many thanks,

Semperlinux

--

semperlinux

Yes, I did some checking into this first to make sure I could watch my mtn. bike racing videos on RedBullTV.com. I found out that the only plasma TV(I did not look into LED's) that Panasonic makes to allow a full internet browser is the VT60 Series TV's in the plasmas. It has the FlashPlayer embedded into the web browser which is the one essential thing needed to play YouTube and say, live mtn. bike racing streaming video on your TV. Unfortunately, the smallest model they make is a 55" which goes for around $1999. Not cheap. No update is available for lower models, as I emailed Panasonic who stated that their software on models other than the VT60, would not support a Flash Player. Can anyone hire a hacker to login and make it work?
Old October 22nd 13, 12:22 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

On Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:44:07 AM UTC-4, semperlinux wrote:
Hi Forum,

I've just bought a Panasonic 42" Plasma - main reason was to watch

Internet TV with the built-in web browser.

Model no is TX-P42ST50B

And now the fine print kicks in - "not all functions may be possible

with the web browser".

To be more exact, it's not possible to update the Flash player which

more or less renders the web browser unusable.

Anyone else confronted with this ?

More to the point, does anyone know if and when Panasonic might produce

a patch to fix this ?

Many thanks,

Semperlinux

--

semperlinux

Oh, forget Samsung too. None of their TV's support Flash either.
Old January 28th 14, 12:22 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:56:51 PM UTC+13, wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:44:07 AM UTC-5, semperlinux wrote:

Hi Forum,Having same problem in New Zealand guys! Model: Panasonic\TH-P60S60Z\50" SmartArse Viera. Web Browser: Chrome OS. Prompts tell me to type "plugins" into address bar to access settings that allow me to enable plugin but this is not true because it will not move from there! Meanwhile web browser continues to crash when I get to sites that require Flash to run. No fixes online, and no support from Panasonic (they just don't want to know about it, so this is the end of smart-arse TV purchases from NZ!!!

I've just bought a Panasonic 42" Plasma - main reason was to watch

Internet TV with the built-in web browser.

Model no is TX-P42ST50B

And now the fine print kicks in - "not all functions may be possible

with the web browser".

To be more exact, it's not possible to update the Flash player which

more or less renders the web browser unusable.

Anyone else confronted with this ?

More to the point, does anyone know if and when Panasonic might produce

a patch to fix this ?

Many thanks,

Semperlinux

--

semperlinux

I am in the same boat with a 50" purchased in the US. Error when updating flash and error cannot be displayed in browser window.

Old January 28th 14, 12:38 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

On Friday, August 3, 2012 2:44:07 AM UTC+12, semperlinux wrote:
Hi Forum,

Seems to be all smart-arse TV's have this Flash player bug; what a horrible experience for us all! The retailers don't mention this problem in the slightest at purchase time...I might go into store & pretend I want to buy a model & get them to do it for me in the store so that they are all aware of what they are doing to their customers. In fact we should all go into stores around the world just to wake them all up because we all know they won't be able to get the updates required. So if you're bored in town one day guys...or have a store with smart-arse salesmen in them...go in just to make their day [email protected]! This is International!!!

Old January 28th 14, 12:39 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

On Friday, August 3, 2012 5:27:08 AM UTC+12, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 15:44:07 +0100, semperlinux

wrote:

Hi Forum,

I've just bought a Panasonic 42" Plasma - main reason was to watch

Internet TV with the built-in web browser.

Model no is TX-P42ST50B

And now the fine print kicks in - "not all functions may be possible

with the web browser".

To be more exact, it's not possible to update the Flash player which

more or less renders the web browser unusable.

Anyone else confronted with this ?

More to the point, does anyone know if and when Panasonic might produce

a patch to fix this ?

Many thanks,

Semperlinux

If any updates are available, they would probably be on Panasonics

support site.

http://shop.panasonic.com/support/

No...They are not there; & the people there do not want to know about it either!