BUD Mesh size - How small must the mesh be to receive KU?

Old July 14th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

Default BUD Mesh size - How small must the mesh be to receive KU?

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:32:08 -0700 (PDT), joeturn
wrote:

The post in the precisenetworking link was giving ASTC a bad rep and
sayin congress caused the FCC to opt that in for more eclectronic
manufacturing
in the US and not because it was better.

It is cheaper to broadcast in ASTC format...cheaper means cost to
broadcasters' transmitters.

OTA Broadcasters years ago were telling Congress they were loosing
their butts to Cable....so, they needed a better picture quality
format....digital was the solution.

Yes, Zenith and MIT have both made a bundle, along with others...but
Congress/FCC authorized the digital switch in order to have a better
picture quality for OTA broadcasters.

ASTC reception works fine...you just need a sixth generation or so
ATSC tuner in your HDTV set.....its true, its all or nothing...but I
live out in boonies, and reception has always sucked, unless you have
a tall tower.

Old July 15th 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
joeturn

http://www.trevormarshall.com/biquad.htm

You might put one of these on a rotor and be happy?
Old July 27th 09, 11:34 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
joeturn

On Jul 14, 2:32*am, joeturn wrote:
SAC441

My bad I was refering to vc2 *and I dont know anything about
dc2 compression.

The post in the precisenetworking link was giving ASTC a bad rep and
sayin congress caused the FCC to opt that in for more eclectronic
manufacturing
in the US and not because it was better.

Sac could the converter box from digital to analog solve the NTSC
problem on the Pansat 2700a?

It now will only run NTSC OR PAL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATSC

Well I appreciate the reply but while I was waiting a responce and
practicing my spelling,I acquired a dtv converter box just for
testing ! It does wonders for the vhs but I'm scared to plug in the
Pansat 2700a as the Sat box sends voltage through the coax to the lnb.
This voltage may bite my little box as I understand the converter must
be between the lnb and the sat box for the conversion!

Any info on how to make it work would be greatly appreciated! Maybe
just put the $10.00 worth of parts inside the pansat at some point
where it will only be affected by the IF? TIA
Old July 30th 09, 07:04 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
joeturn

I'm afraid that if the over-the-air stations were looking for a
salution to better broacast and be competitve with cable and satellite
then ATSC has almost shut them down and driven the over-the-air (free
local viewers) to subscribe to either cable or sat!

I think the Governments influence for digital was for capital gain
since they now are pushing the sat tax.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old July 30th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
UCLAN[_2_]

joeturn wrote:

I'm afraid that if the over-the-air stations were looking for a
salution to better broacast and be competitve with cable and satellite
then ATSC has almost shut them down and driven the over-the-air (free
local viewers) to subscribe to either cable or sat!

I think the Governments influence for digital was for capital gain
since they now are pushing the sat tax.

I think you are clueless and need to get back on your meds - fast!
Old July 31st 09, 02:57 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:04:18 -0700 (PDT), joeturn
wrote:

ATSC has almost shut them down and driven the over-the-air (free
local viewers) to subscribe to either cable or sat!

OTA broadcasters wanted digital broadcasts....for a better signal.

ATSC works fine for me...and I tune in two distant stations, btw. You
do need to get the right antenna, if you can receive them in your
area.

Here, put in your Zip Code in form below

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/
Old August 5th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
joeturn

On Jul 27, 5:34*am, joeturn wrote:
[...]

where it will only be affected by the IF? TIA- Hide quoted text -

UPDATE UPDATE

Well I just thought about it a minute.

Now I must get another digital convertor.

Go inside it and make a trace cut and solder in 2 diodes.1 preventing
the current from getting to the converter board and a second to allow
the output voltage to bypass the circuit board.

That a bunch for uclans perfect instructions and Jab trever marshals
dish mod with give a tremendous db gain over the mesh type arials!

Seems the solid metal reflecter surface gathers lots more signal and
sends it to a focal point,where it is received by the modified lnb
that sends this concentrated signal to your tv!

Thanks goes to Uclan once again his genous has overwhelmed ..
Old August 5th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
UCLAN[_2_]

joeturn wrote:

Thanks goes to Uclan once again his genous has overwhelmed ..

As have your punctuation and spelling.
Old August 6th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
joeturn

Thanks again UCLAN!
My mind works on salutions not on grammer ,but thanks to your hangup
people will not have to decipher my post for themselves!

Thanks a bunch for Uclans perfect instructions .

Jab

Trever Marshals
dish mod will give a tremendous db gain over the mesh type arials!

When RF current hits an object it causes the objects atoms to act like
a magnet!

The better conductivity and less resitance to electric current it has,
the better the collector/reflector.

The solid metal dish will out perform a solid fiber glass dish of the
same size because of its conductivity
and the magnetic field that it produces is much greater than both the
fiber glass and the bow tie antenna,
because of the metalic surface area, thus making a small meshed dish
better than a large meshed dish.

Old August 6th 09, 03:31 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
M.M.

joeturn wrote:
[...]

This is total bull****...

Export wire mesh products ,welded wire mesh ,mesh ,screen ,filter ,sieves wire mesh Satellite tvro 0 December 24th 06 06:34 AM
Mesh Mike Grauer Satellite tvro 1 September 4th 04 03:40 AM
solid aluminum vs mesh dish clc Satellite tvro 2 December 25th 03 02:40 PM
Painting fiberglass/mesh dish. Skyler Slade Satellite tvro 3 August 28th 03 01:19 AM