Tivo Series 2 slips back in time

Old November 17th 07, 04:18 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Reed

Default Tivo Series 2 slips back in time

I have had a Series 2 DVR for about 2 years. It has worked OK. But
lately I find while watching Live TV, it slips behind in actual time.
Usually I first notice it when I try to change channels via the
attached cable box, and there is a noticeable ( 5-15 second) delay
before the channel changes. Other times it jumps back in time as much
as a half-hour all at once. ( when I realize Jay Leno is telling the
same joke for a second time !)

Pressing the --| key does set the Tivo back to actual Live TV.
I have restarted and reset the box several times, with no effect on
problem.

Could this be a setup problem, or is the box going bad on me ??

--reed

Old November 19th 07, 12:57 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Bill Kearney

Could this be a setup problem, or is the box going bad on me ??

I'd lean more toward this being a hard drive problem. Since the factory
drives are configured to run in low-noise mode it's very hard to hear drive
sounds. Typically when a drive is on it's "last legs" it'll be prone to
making retry noises. It's possible to hear these noises on a regular PC but
difficult on a DVR.