Emley Moor lost 4 muxes - lightening strike?

Old August 17th 06, 06:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PGG

Default Emley Moor lost 4 muxes - lightening strike?

I'm going to be stuck at work for some time, so I stuck on the TV to
see the current news.

It appears that 4 of the 6 DTT mutliplexes are down, and have been down
for some time. The SDN Mux and the second BBC one (the one that carries
CBeebies, BBC Parliament and the interactive channels) are up and
running. The rest are gone.

The last time this happened was around Christmas a couple of years ago,
and then a lightening strike put out most of the multiplexes for some
time. The SDN mux was the first up that time too.

Old August 17th 06, 07:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

"PGG" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm going to be stuck at work for some time, so I stuck on the TV to
see the current news.

It appears that 4 of the 6 DTT mutliplexes are down, and have been down
for some time. The SDN Mux and the second BBC one (the one that carries
CBeebies, BBC Parliament and the interactive channels) are up and
running. The rest are gone.

The last time this happened was around Christmas a couple of years ago,
and then a lightening strike put out most of the multiplexes for some
time. The SDN mux was the first up that time too.

Just what are you missing everyhing from Emley Moor seems OK here.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old August 17th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Clem Dye

David wrote:
"PGG" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm going to be stuck at work for some time, so I stuck on the TV to
see the current news.

It appears that 4 of the 6 DTT mutliplexes are down, and have been down
for some time. The SDN Mux and the second BBC one (the one that carries
CBeebies, BBC Parliament and the interactive channels) are up and
running. The rest are gone.

The last time this happened was around Christmas a couple of years ago,
and then a lightening strike put out most of the multiplexes for some
time. The SDN mux was the first up that time too.

Just what are you missing everyhing from Emley Moor seems OK here.

There's nothing about outages on the BBC website either.

Clem
Old August 18th 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PGG

David wrote:

The last time this happened was around Christmas a couple of years ago,
and then a lightening strike put out most of the multiplexes for some
time. The SDN mux was the first up that time too.

Just what are you missing everyhing from Emley Moor seems OK here.

Hmm, we're only getting the SDN mux now. The second BBC one has also
vanished.

I can see the aerial from here and it's still standing. There is some
newly erected scaffolding nearby, though, and it's possible that may be
causing problems. Or there could be a localised source of noise. We do
have a lot of computer equipment here.

Old August 18th 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Hayes

PGG wrote:

David wrote:

The last time this happened was around Christmas a couple of years ago,
and then a lightening strike put out most of the multiplexes for some
time. The SDN mux was the first up that time too.

Just what are you missing everyhing from Emley Moor seems OK here.

Hmm, we're only getting the SDN mux now. The second BBC one has also
vanished.

I can see the aerial from here and it's still standing. There is some
newly erected scaffolding nearby, though, and it's possible that may be
causing problems. Or there could be a localised source of noise. We do
have a lot of computer equipment here.

This is going to be a problem with Freeview - identifying why signals
start breaking up, etc.

A little while back every Freeview box here started glitching for a
second every ten seconds or so. Eventually I looked at analogue, and
every ten seconds there was a splash of radar interference.
Coincidentally, I spotted a warship sailing down the Clyde.

--

Peter
Old August 18th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article ,
Peter Hayes wrote:
PGG wrote:

A little while back every Freeview box here started glitching for a
second every ten seconds or so. Eventually I looked at analogue, and
every ten seconds there was a splash of radar interference.
Coincidentally, I spotted a warship sailing down the Clyde.

The US Navy use radar frequencies in our Band V. :-(

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

Old August 18th 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Clem Dye

charles wrote:
In article ,
Peter Hayes wrote:
PGG wrote:

A little while back every Freeview box here started glitching for a
second every ten seconds or so. Eventually I looked at analogue, and
every ten seconds there was a splash of radar interference.
Coincidentally, I spotted a warship sailing down the Clyde.

The US Navy use radar frequencies in our Band V. :-(

Another reason why the Yanks are so irritating then.

Clem
Old August 18th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , Peter
Hayes writes
PGG wrote:

David wrote:

[...]

A ship on the Clyde!!?

I stayed in a hotel room in Dumbarton with a view of the Clyde a few
years back.

In three days I didn't see as much as a rowboat.

I was born on Clydeside, and it seemed rather sad.
--
Ian
Old August 18th 06, 07:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article ,
Ian wrote:

A ship on the Clyde!!?

I stayed in a hotel room in Dumbarton with a view of the Clyde a few
years back.

go a bit futher doon the watter! Once you get opposite Helensburgh &
Dunoon the firth get a bit busier. There's a Naval base at Faslane in Gare
Loch, after all.

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

Old August 18th 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob Martin

in 209074 20060818 185726 charles wrote:

go a bit futher doon the watter! Once you get opposite Helensburgh &
Dunoon the firth get a bit busier. There's a Naval base at Faslane in Gare
Loch, after all.

Yep, I remember sitting in a hotel (Stakis?) room opposite Dunoon and seeing
a nuclear sub sail past the window. Looked close enough to touch.