DVD MADE IN MEXICO

Old August 13th 03, 08:27 PM
CEO

Default DVD MADE IN MEXICO

Ref. Paramount's "Widescreen DVD Collection" series..."The Hunted",
starring Tommy Lee Jones.

I received an exchange of the first copy, because of a software
glitch. Upon opening the new one, I noticed "made in Mexico" on the
security strip. I was taken aback. My GM truck was made in Mexico. All
of my home theater equipment was made in other countries.

This is a damn shame. Americans out of work and Mexicans are making
the DVD's in Mexico. Plus, one third of all Mexican immigrants reside
in the state of California, and have placed such a strain on
government resources, the state is in fiscal crisis, with Gray Davis
as fall guy. This entire thing seems to be BIG BUSINESS GONE CRAZY.
Old August 13th 03, 09:24 PM
Richard

"CEO" wrote in message
om...
Ref. Paramount's "Widescreen DVD Collection" series..."The Hunted",
starring Tommy Lee Jones.

I received an exchange of the first copy, because of a software
glitch. Upon opening the new one, I noticed "made in Mexico" on the
security strip. I was taken aback. My GM truck was made in Mexico. All
of my home theater equipment was made in other countries.

This is a damn shame. Americans out of work and Mexicans are making
the DVD's in Mexico. Plus, one third of all Mexican immigrants reside
in the state of California, and have placed such a strain on
government resources, the state is in fiscal crisis, with Gray Davis
as fall guy. This entire thing seems to be BIG BUSINESS GONE CRAZY.

Hay, my PT Cruiser was built in Mexico, and those guys and gals did a great
job. With more quality jobs south of the border, perhaps someday Americans
will crash the border to seek a great job on the assembly line. (If you know
what I mean). North America benefits when more people in North America have
quality jobs. You don't want a wall built around the States; do you?

Richard.

Old August 13th 03, 11:55 PM
fluffy bunny

(CEO) wrote in
om:

Ref. Paramount's "Widescreen DVD Collection" series..."The Hunted",
starring Tommy Lee Jones.

I received an exchange of the first copy, because of a software
glitch. Upon opening the new one, I noticed "made in Mexico" on the
security strip. I was taken aback. My GM truck was made in Mexico. All
of my home theater equipment was made in other countries.

This is a damn shame. Americans out of work and Mexicans are making
the DVD's in Mexico. Plus, one third of all Mexican immigrants reside
in the state of California, and have placed such a strain on
government resources, the state is in fiscal crisis, with Gray Davis
as fall guy. This entire thing seems to be BIG BUSINESS GONE CRAZY.

Outrageous! Even worse is the DVD player mass market that has $50
Chinese DVD players. I remember when a DVD player was $500 and no
progressive scan. If fewer parasites, I mean American consumers, owned
cheap imported DVD players, we wouldn't be forcing big business to meet
the demand with cheaply produced DVDs. I think $150 for a non-
progressive barebones DVD player is reasonable, which would include a
$20 healthcare tax for the healthcare expenses for those great American
health insurance premiums for our workers. Maybe we could ask the AFL-
CIO to set a floor on the price for us. It is very important we pay at
least an extra 20-100% on all our goods to support the $10/hr minimum
wage that we'll need to ensure everyone a decent job to buy our
expensive American goods.

I remember when VHS tapes to own were priced at $80. Now DVDs are sold
for under $15 in many places. And what's with these Americans buying
$15 T-shirts at the store? Can't they support their own workers by
buying from American textiles? We need to protect our industry by
throwing up more trade barriers, like Argentina did in the 50's. Only
then can we achieve social stability while the global economy passes us
by!