BBC 1 Channel Islands

Old July 11th 03, 10:13 PM
Mark Carver

^_^ wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:16:33 +0100, "Phil"
wrote:

The BBC tells us the Channel Islands wont be availabe till autumn.
They need to put new equipment in, to get a decent link back to
Plymouth.

Phil

?! This doesn't make sense, I was watching it yesterday.

I've never seen anything other than a black picture, and the S+S box
saying "This is BBC Interactive" That's what's there now [21:12hrs 11/7 }

Are you sure you're not looking at BBC ONE CB, rather than CI ?

Old July 12th 03, 12:14 AM
Gary Betreen

I agree with Mark, my BBC CI region is the same , black with a blue epg
showing BBC Interactive. It maybe that as earlier in this posting the BBC
need some new equipment installed to get the signal back to Plymouth.

All the other regions are fine.

Gary

Old July 12th 03, 01:01 AM
^_^

wrote:

The BBC tells us the Channel Islands wont be availabe till autumn.
They need to put new equipment in, to get a decent link back to
Plymouth.

Phil

?! This doesn't make sense, I was watching it yesterday.

I've never seen anything other than a black picture, and the S+S box
saying "This is BBC Interactive" That's what's there now [21:12hrs 11/7 }

Are you sure you're not looking at BBC ONE CB, rather than CI ?

I get a black screen for CI now too, but I'm willing to bet my life,
my family's and (if they agree) the rest of this country's, that I was
watching the local CI news during Wednesday's 1 o'clock programme.

Hopefully someone can back me up.
Old July 12th 03, 10:58 AM
Stephen Neal

wrote:

The BBC tells us the Channel Islands wont be availabe till autumn.
They need to put new equipment in, to get a decent link back to
Plymouth.

Phil

?! This doesn't make sense, I was watching it yesterday.

Yep - but was it the real service - or a test of the sub-opt switching gear?
It could have been a camera in an office at Plymouth - or a test of the new
studio in Jersey (I believe that the Jersey studio may move?)

Steve

Old March 12th 13, 01:00 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky

Default BBC 1 Channel Islands