Home Cinema set up

Old April 20th 04, 05:23 PM
Will

Default Home Cinema set up

Hi

I am looking for a set up DVD that will give a test signal for picture with
a reference card. Does such a thing exist and if so where would I get it
from?

Thanks in advance.

William

Old April 21st 04, 03:28 PM
Steve Lupton

Will wrote:
I am looking for a set up DVD that will give a test signal for
picture with a reference card. Does such a thing exist and if so
where would I get it from?

Do you mean a test DVD with some kind of paper/card sheet to compare the
image with?

If so, I can't see how this could be possible as TV's, projectors and so on
are emmissive devices, whereas a piece of paper is a reflective device.

The bit of paper is only as good as the light source which is illuminating
it - therefore it can't possibly be used for a reference.

If you just mean a test DVD with various test patterns on there, take a look
at Avia (NTSC only) or Video Essentials (Available in PAL or NTSC)

Regards,

Steve

Old April 22nd 04, 09:52 AM
A Mackie

Will wrote:
I am looking for a set up DVD that will give a test signal for picture with
a reference card. Does such a thing exist and if so where would I get it
from?

Digital Video Essentials:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009WW03/
http://www.videoessentials.com