Buying a subwoofer from abroad unheard (serious post)

Old December 11th 03, 03:44 PM
Nath

You're a liar Nathan, it's quite clear none of this is true - you might
as well admit it - you've no experience of Macs and you call them crap
because that's how you deal with stuff you know nothing about!

Yes you're right. Velodyne HGS-18, Rel Studio, Krell poweramps, SVS B4, SVS
PB2 are all crap. Because I've never used them. Tosspot.

I see you didn't (or won't) name subs at ~£700 that are similar in
performance to my SVS.

I'm certainly not going to admit that Mac repair job didn't happen, nor
admit that I've never used Mac's just to give you a ego boost. Go into
detail a specific job you did 5 years ago. I bet you can't. As usual you
will ignore this, and just pick out something else in this reply to disprove
me.

The Mac I used had a handle on the front & back, with a glazed effect see
through (like glass) case. I think the front area was blue. What model was
that?

Rather than make fun of my lack of remembering Mac model names (like I care
whether it's a Gx whatever) don't you think you should explain what Mac it
could have been?

As usual you gloss over this, and just try to doubt the job I did. If you
said you repaired a xx computer years and got forget the exact details of
the job- would I try and disprove you did? No. I think you've got quite a
superiority complex. If someone disagrees with what you believe in, just
keep at it until they back down or change their mind to your way of
thinking... I won't.

Old December 11th 03, 04:09 PM
Patrick Navin

Nath wrote:

You're a liar Nathan, it's quite clear none of this is true - you might
as well admit it - you've no experience of Macs and you call them crap
because that's how you deal with stuff you know nothing about!

Yes you're right. Velodyne HGS-18, Rel Studio, Krell poweramps, SVS B4, SVS
PB2 are all crap. Because I've never used them. Tosspot.

You need help. You don't seem to be able to understand what I'm typing.

I see you didn't (or won't) name subs at ~£700 that are similar in
performance to my SVS.

I'm not interested and I haven't heard enough subs to make the
comparison, nor have i heard the SVS. I'm not like you, I'm not going to
lie and say I have experience of something just to try and look clever.

I'm certainly not going to admit that Mac repair job didn't happen, nor
admit that I've never used Mac's just to give you a ego boost. Go into
detail a specific job you did 5 years ago. I bet you can't. As usual you
will ignore this, and just pick out something else in this reply to disprove
me.

No, I'll pick out this again. You say you chnged the video card, a
pretty specific memory for something so "hazy". You also state that you
used a pc vide card in its place.

Unlesss you flashed the video card's ROM this would have been
impossible. Even if it was one of the very few cards that could be
flashed with a Mac ROM it seems unlikely you're telling the truth. you
made up a series of hardware failures in an attempt to portray the Mac
as unreliable and crap.

You have yet to make *any* substantial comment on the Mac OS and it's
(your words) 'foibles' barring the lack of a second mouse button.

The Mac I used had a handle on the front & back, with a glazed effect see
through (like glass) case. I think the front area was blue. What model was
that?

Rather than make fun of my lack of remembering Mac model names (like I care
whether it's a Gx whatever) don't you think you should explain what Mac it
could have been?

i already did in an earlier post. Using failry simple logic i deduced
that it was a Blue and White G3 Powermac. If you choose to ignore the
fact that's not my issue. If you try to wriggle out of your lies, that
too, is nothing to do withme.

As usual you gloss over this, and just try to doubt the job I did. If you
said you repaired a xx computer years and got forget the exact details of
the job- would I try and disprove you did? No. I think you've got quite a
superiority complex. If someone disagrees with what you believe in, just
keep at it until they back down or change their mind to your way of
thinking... I won't.

I've glossed over nothing. I've simply highlighted the factual
inaccuracies in your list of so called 'faults' you say you found in the
one Mac you claim to have had experience of. Even were any of this true,
which I believe it not to be, having set up one Mac is ot "experience of
Macs" any more than having taken a charter flight to Iboza is being pilot.

Nathan, this isn't about changing your mind. If you don't like Macs it's
no skin off my nose. From stuff you've written here I seriously think
you'd have trouble using one anyway. My point all along has been that
you're simply prejudiced against Macs for whatever unspecified reason
(Envy? Inadequacy? Fear?). It's not that Macs are crap, it's that you
don't like them. Why go out of your way to look a fool by making up
stuff that's simply laughable? I don't get it, I simply don't.

You still haven't recounted the story of the Apex DVD player you say you
saw catch fire.

--
Patrick

"De-Correction is one of the THX mumbo jumbo thingy mi jig, as will as
tonal correction, bass management, Re-Eq.
Checkout the THX site" an AV 'expert', yesterday.

http://www.patrick.navin.btinternet.co.uk/B834763868/

Old December 14th 03, 02:03 PM
Liam

"AVTalk.co.uk" wrote in message
m...
If you have c.£500 and want the best sub that money can buy, why not
simply hold out for a second hand SVS or Velodyne CHT-15? They come up
regularly and are rarely more than 6 to 9 months old.

In the case of the Velodyne you have no worries with transformers and
CE certification and you're ready to safely plug and play.

With SVS, you know some other poor soul's done all the importing
legwork for you.

Julian,

As you know, SVS shipped to the UK have 240V power supplies and there is no
need for CE certification for imported goods. Even insurance companies do
not exclude devices without CE certification, as they recognise that people
bring back electronics from Hing Kong, etc.

Cheers,
Liam

Old December 14th 03, 03:05 PM
Nath

One thing that doesn`t figure---If they are so good ( I don`t doubt that
they are) why so many for sale second hand ??

People upgrading from a PCi or PC Plus to the CS Ultra/SS or larger box
subs?

I could see myself upgrading from my PC Plus to two B4 Ultra's. If I have
the space & money! :-D

Old December 14th 03, 05:26 PM
Kez

Nath wrote:
One thing that doesn`t figure---If they are so good ( I don`t doubt
that they are) why so many for sale second hand ??

People upgrading from a PCi or PC Plus to the CS Ultra/SS or larger
box subs?

I could see myself upgrading from my PC Plus to two B4 Ultra's. If I
have the space & money! :-D

i think that's something we could could all do with out hearing about.

every day.

for ever.

;-)

Old August 17th 13, 10:48 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Buying a subwoofer from abroad unheard (serious post)

Christmas gift for you---popular mini Bluetooth speakers and subwoofers, don’t miss them in the ninth anniversary promotion (90%---15% off)

Contact info:
Gmail:
Msn:

Skype: optimisticJoJo
Website:
http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/stor...d-seller-store

Hi, there
We are glad to get your information from internet; we are popular mini Bluetooth subwoofers & speakers wholesaler in China. Christmas Day are all coming soon, let’s prepare for it in advance. Mini Bluetooth subwoofers are now very popular among young people, if you or your friend can get one as a gift, you would be thrilled and excited about the tone quality. You can get one for your brothers, sisters, children, friends, or yourself. We now offer great discounts (90%---15% off) for our customers to celebrate our ninth anniversary. Enjoy your time.

1. Most popular subwoofer- swan

Features:
1. Portable mini speaker, the first bluetooth4.0 speaker on the world, can be connected to two devices at same time. Open basin design creats 360 degree sound, bringing u new experience. Built in microphone helps u to free ur hands.
2. Supporting TF card (maximum capacity can reach to 8G, mp3, wma, wav...) and with AUX input and output (mp3, ipod, iphone, pc, mobie phone...)
3. Frequency: 60 ~ 20KHZ
5. Using anti-breaking sound’s technology
6. Loudspeaker: 2.6Ω 2W
7.Working voltage: 3.7V, worked by Lithium battery built-in (400MAH, lasting 3-4 hours for the loudest sound), working current 300MA
8. Supporting USB flash drive and TF card, with charging function, charging voltage: 5V, Charging current: 100MA
9. SNR: greater than 80DB, Frequency Range: 60HZ ~ 20KHZ, THD: less than 0.5%
10. Size: 83*80*63 mm

Other wonderful subwoofers for you: (For more details, we would like you to visit our website: http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/stor...d-seller-store

Contact info:
Gmail:
Msn:

Skype: optimisticJoJo

On Monday, December 8, 2003 5:50:39 PM UTC+8, Patrick Navin wrote:
In order to add more bite to my system I'm looking at upgrading from my
twin PSW1000.2's that I use with my Kef Eggs, to a single larger sub
with more oomph.
The reasons for this are that, since I laid a wood floor in my room, the
sub response has diminished a little, necessitating increasing the ouput

of the subs, but I still think they are struggling to deliver the same
slam they delivered ona carpeted floor.
Not wanting to emulate Nathan, but inevitably I've seen a US sub (and I
have to agree with Nath that the Yanks know subs and amplification) that
I fancy but wont be able to get over there to listen to it within the
next few months. Is it really viable to buy a sub unheard?
I know the brand very well - I have their AV receiver the 1050, which is
s simply stunning performer through use of high quality ouput stages and
simple fuss free processing - but is this a fool's errand?

The sub is this one:
http://www.outlawaudio.com//products/lfm1_gallery.html

not pretty - but then US AV gear rarely is.

--
Patrick

"I did the grabs via a Duomix61 grabber as used by 'security sources'"
"I never grabbed them on a PC mate -they went via IE56575 to a fancy
technical thingie grabber -or something" - un-named Video capture 'expert'