Dish Network LNBF on a BUD

Old June 7th 04, 07:50 PM
EuroDude

Default Dish Network LNBF on a BUD

I am trying to mount my DN LNBF with separate coax onto my 7.5'
Perfect 10 dish, but I'm not having any success locking the 110W or
119W signals. I remember reading that others have succeeded in doing
something like this.

I know the dish is fairly well peaked because I still use it for C and
Ku. But I'm securing the LNBF to the outside edge of scalar rings on
the C/Ku feedhorn, so it's offset from the focal center by about 6".
Is this too much? Should I be mounting the LNBF another way?

The distance to the deepest part of the reflector is about the same as
for the feedhorn. The depth of the dish measured from edge to center
plate at right angle is about 12" or 13".

Also, does the transponder numbering in the DN IRD's dish pointing
screen match the numbering used at LyngSat? Thanks in advance for any
help.

Old June 8th 04, 05:09 AM
EuroDude

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 13:50:47 -0400, EuroDude
wrote:

I am trying to mount my DN LNBF with separate coax onto my 7.5'
Perfect 10 dish, but I'm not having any success locking the 110W or
119W signals. I remember reading that others have succeeded in doing
something like this.

I know the dish is fairly well peaked because I still use it for C and
Ku. But I'm securing the LNBF to the outside edge of scalar rings on
the C/Ku feedhorn, so it's offset from the focal center by about 6".
Is this too much? Should I be mounting the LNBF another way?

The distance to the deepest part of the reflector is about the same as
for the feedhorn. The depth of the dish measured from edge to center
plate at right angle is about 12" or 13".

Also, does the transponder numbering in the DN IRD's dish pointing
screen match the numbering used at LyngSat? Thanks in advance for any
help.

Never mind. Figured out my problem. I didn't place the LNBF on the
dish's plane of rotation as it traces the satellite arc. After I
corrected that, all the Echostar birds are coming in strong.

Old June 8th 04, 01:11 PM
nudder

Nice.

I've thought about doing this myself. Does it help reduce, or hopefully
eliminate, the rainout problems?

Old June 9th 04, 06:18 PM
EuroDude

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:11:02 GMT, "nudder"
wrote:

Nice.

I've thought about doing this myself. Does it help reduce, or hopefully
eliminate, the rainout problems?

.. .
wrote:

I am trying to mount my DN LNBF with separate coax onto my 7.5'
Perfect 10 dish, but I'm not having any success locking the 110W or

Never mind. Figured out my problem. I didn't place the LNBF on the
dish's plane of rotation as it traces the satellite arc. After I
corrected that, all the Echostar birds are coming in strong.

Yes, that's the main reason I'm doing it. Had four days straight of
heavy rain a few weeks ago, and finally got so ****ed off at the
signal lock dropping from the rain fade. On a clear day, for Echo 6,
the signal strength meter on the IRD was showing 90 on the 18" and now
it's up to 105 on the 7.5'.

Sweet. I can't wait till the next storm.

Plus of course now I can pull in 61.5W, 110W or 119W any time I want.

Old June 9th 04, 06:34 PM
EuroDude

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:53:38 -0700, "NW_PILOT" wrote:

try one of these willo work great http://www.adlfeed.com/cat_sec_3_2.htm

Thanks for the suggestion. What I rigged up works, but it is rather
makeshift. I'll either go out and buy one like that or figure out how
to make something more permanent myself.

Old June 14th 04, 09:59 AM
Zoyburg

Well, there's always this one:

http://www.skyvision.com/store/mi3500024.html

Only problem with it is that the DBS LNBF is single-output.
I'd guess it's not a stacked output.

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

I hazve 3 of them feeds work great

. ..

Old June 15th 04, 06:21 AM
NW_PILOT

They have an adapter to add a KU Call them.

news:[email protected]_s52...

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

I hazve 3 of them feeds work great

. ..