What's a good smart HDTV that can be seen and bought in person in local LA and OC retail stores that meet these limited space requirements?

Old June 18th 18, 05:00 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Ant

Default What's a good smart HDTV that can be seen and bought in person in local LA and OC retail stores that meet these limited space requirements?

Hello.

What's a good smart HDTV that can be seen and bought in person in local LA and OC
retail stores that meet these limited space requirements?

1. 16" height.
2. 28" width.

It will fit inside an old wooden cabinet's desk. Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, Costco,
Target, etc. didn't have good ones so far.

I hope to get some answers soon.
--
Pa's Day 2 including male alates!
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
| |o o| | ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and URL/link.
\ _ /
( )
Old June 18th 18, 05:08 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Ant

Ant wrote:
Hello.

What's a good smart HDTV that can be seen and bought in person in local LA and OC
retail stores that meet these limited space requirements?

1. 16" height.
2. 28" width.

It will fit inside an old wooden cabinet's desk. Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, Costco,
Target, etc. didn't have good ones so far.

I hope to get some answers soon.

Also, up to $200 for its price.
Old June 18th 18, 01:24 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Jim Wilkins[_2_]

"Ant" wrote in message
Hello.

What's a good smart HDTV that can be seen and bought in person in
local LA and OC
retail stores that meet these limited space requirements?

1. 16" height.
2. 28" width.

It will fit inside an old wooden cabinet's desk. Fry's Electronics,
Best Buy, Costco,
Target, etc. didn't have good ones so far.

I hope to get some answers soon.
--

HDTV screens have a width to height ratio of 16:9.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-pl...6-9-4-3-a.html

My 22" Vizio is 15-3/4" high on its base, and 20" wide. The Altecs on
either side bring total width to 28".

The 22" screen viewed from 2' away, as a computer monitor, appears as
big as a 66" screen at 6' or 88" at 8'.

I watch it from an office chair modified into a high back recliner by
replacing the arm rests with triangular metal plates that raise the
back and allow the chair to roll under the keyboard shelf.

-jsw

Old June 19th 18, 04:11 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Ant

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ant" wrote in message
Hello.

What's a good smart HDTV that can be seen and bought in person in
local LA and OC
retail stores that meet these limited space requirements?

1. 16" height.
2. 28" width.

It will fit inside an old wooden cabinet's desk. Fry's Electronics,
Best Buy, Costco,
Target, etc. didn't have good ones so far.

I hope to get some answers soon.
--

HDTV screens have a width to height ratio of 16:9.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-pl...6-9-4-3-a.html

My 22" Vizio is 15-3/4" high on its base, and 20" wide. The Altecs on
either side bring total width to 28".

Which model do you have? Is it new?
--
Quote of the Week: "At high tide the fish eat ants; at low tide the ants eat fish." --Thai Proverb
Old June 19th 18, 12:49 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Jim Wilkins[_2_]

"Ant" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:

My 22" Vizio is 15-3/4" high on its base, and 20" wide. The Altecs
on
either side bring total width to 28".

Which model do you have? Is it new?

No, I bought it before the HDTV transition. I can't help you with
currently available models or what's sold near you.

Old June 19th 18, 11:37 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Ant

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ant" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:

My 22" Vizio is 15-3/4" high on its base, and 20" wide. The Altecs
on
either side bring total width to 28".

Which model do you have? Is it new?

No, I bought it before the HDTV transition. I can't help you with
currently available models or what's sold near you.

OK and thanks. That means you have a dumb HDTV. :/