Time Warner Cable ( Spectrum ) charging now TCM

Old March 28th 17, 07:41 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
novel8

Default Time Warner Cable ( Spectrum ) charging now TCM

We were all set to watch an old movie on TCM which I have been watching sparingly for the past 12 years as a subscriber that included TCM free. On the screen it advise us to call a phone number. I told my wife, I bet they are going to charge us now to pay extra in order to watch that channel. Just for lack of nothing else to do, we did some other channels to see if they are starting to charge extra forl and sure enough, there was the channel I think its called "Logo", where she loved to watch the old TV runs, like "The Golden Girls" and "Roseanne", and they are charging extra for to show "RERUNS" now too. ..ever since Spectrum bought TWC. I have internet with TWC, and have no choice but to use them in my area as far as internet service. This is crazy, the greed that these cable companies are showing...each year,up goes the subcriptions, even more than the subway service here in the NYC area, where they keep raising their fares. When will this all end? Don't tell me its inflation, there is none or just slightly.
Old October 7th 17, 07:34 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
novel8

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 5:19:20 PM UTC-4, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
On 2017-03-28 17:41:43 +0000, Novel8 said:

[...]

Dump pay TV and move on with your life.

It's over. You're not entitled to those channels; you either find
value in what they charge, or you don't. No amount of whining about it
will change anything.

And you have but one weapon, but it's a big weapon: leave. Vote with
your wallet. And go find something else to do with those hours. Watch
Netflix or Hulu or Amazon Prime videos. Read. Take on a hobby.

It was nice while it lasted, but it's gone.

Ha,ha your right...but like I said in my OP, I have internet with them. When I mentioned to them that I was considering on dropping their TV package, they then said we would increase the price of your internet. That means I will be paying just for the internet around $62...which to me is way overboard, but i cannot find another option of internet in my area, except for Verizon, which I had just for my internet..but it was lousy reception. When I complained, they said my home was too close to their transmitter area.., plus the fact I had to put a filter gadget on all of my landine phones, which did not help ..so i went to TW.
Old October 7th 17, 10:53 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Elmo P. Shagnasty

On 2017-10-07 17:34:51 +0000, Novel8 said:

When I mentioned to them that I was considering on dropping their TV
package, they then said we would increase the price of your internet.

Who cares what the details are. It's just math. Do the math and
figure out what they charge for the service you want.

If they charge $100 for TV plus broadband, but they charge $120 for
broadband...what do you care if you take their TV service.

If they charge $100 for TV plus broadband, but they charge $90 for
broadband...decide if their TV is worth ten bucks a month to you.

It's just math. Don't get caught up in "oh, you're paying $50 for TV
plus $50 for broadband now, but if you cut out TV, your broadband goes
up to $60". What that really means is that today, they're charging you
$60 for broadband plus $40 for TV. Period.

Don't get caught up in their word games.

That means I will be paying just for the internet around $62...which to
me is way overboard

But how much more were you paying for broadband plus TV?

That's what they're REALLY charging for TV. So: is it worth it to you?

Oh, wait--don't forget about the below the line fees. TV is the
difference PLUS all the fees. Take away TV, you also take away many
below the line fees.

What's your TOTAL BILL, the check you write to them every month, both
with TV and without TV?