Not completely OT...

Old August 20th 16, 07:49 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default Not completely OT...

Anyone have any knowledge of the science of Bluray discs?

I've been ripping a bunch of movies onto a hard drive which I'm hooking up to my
HDTV (see, it marginally has something to do with HDTV)

A lot of my movies are Bluray. The software I'm using opens up the disc and
lists the "title" of all the tracks I guess you would call them.

I'll give an example: I'm currently working on discs which are of TV series.
More than one season, and like eight or ten episodes per season. One disc
typically has four episodes on it. It would be an easy thing if I could just
check off the four episodes and start the ripping process. But the list shows
multiple versions of each episode. Like Titles 100, 101, 102 and 103, then
Titles 300, 301, 302 and 303. 100 and 300 are the same. 101 and 301 are the
same. Etc. Anyone know if there's really any difference between these duplicate
(and in some cases triplicate) tracks of the same episodes? It's confusing and
sometimes a PITA to have to choose which I'm going to use. Thanks.
Old August 20th 16, 09:44 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Steve Urbach

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 14:49:01 -0400, wrote:

[...]

You lose the Menu (custom and standard) features to start with

a 'Movie" can have more than 1 chunk (they are normally chained),
Language,Subtitles,and even Aspect options)

If your Ripping SW offers the chance to use the Disk Menu as the matrix, that
would be best as it would Grab just what would show if the disc was in a
standard player
Old August 20th 16, 10:57 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 13:44:35 -0700, Steve Urbach
wrote:

[...]

Thanks Steve. I opted out of having the menus and all the special features and
bonuses to save on disk space, although right now I have over 350 movies ripped
onto a 4Tb hard drive and it's not even half used, so I kind of miscalculated my
disk usage. I did write to the software seller and got instructions on how to do
the menus and all, I just decided not to. I just wondered why the duplication.