Sky Sports

Old July 21st 12, 06:18 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Paul Hyett

Default Sky Sports

Are Sky having one of their free sports weekends, as I just accidentally
turned to a Sports channel & found it unscrambled?
--
Paul 'Charts Fan' Hyett
Old July 21st 12, 07:28 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
SW[_3_]

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message
Are Sky having one of their free sports weekends, as I just accidentally
turned to a Sports channel & found it unscrambled?
--
Paul 'Charts Fan' Hyett

They are indeed. The sports HD channels are free for the weekend as well if
no football on...
Steve

Old July 22nd 12, 08:12 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Paul Hyett

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 at 18:28:33, SW wrote in
uk.media.tv.sky :

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message

Are Sky having one of their free sports weekends, as I just
accidentally turned to a Sports channel & found it unscrambled?

They are indeed. The sports HD channels are free for the weekend as
well if you have an HD box, even if you don't have an HD subscription!
Shame there's no football on...

After yesterday, it's a shame there *was* cricket on...
--
Paul 'Charts Fan' Hyett
Old July 22nd 12, 02:09 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
SW[_3_]

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message

Are Sky having one of their free sports weekends, as I just accidentally
turned to a Sports channel & found it unscrambled?

They are indeed. The sports HD channels are free for the weekend as well
if you have an HD box, even if you don't have an HD subscription! Shame
there's no football on...

After yesterday, it's a shame there *was* cricket on...
--
Paul 'Charts Fan' Hyett

What I do find strange is that there's no cycling on! Team Sky have
dominated the Tour de France because they have a fantastic team, including
of course the overall winner, so why aren't they showing it?

Steve

Old July 22nd 12, 04:14 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
the dog from that film you saw[_3_]

On 22/07/2012 13:09, SW wrote:

What I do find strange is that there's no cycling on! Team Sky have
dominated the Tour de France because they have a fantastic team,
including of course the overall winner, so why aren't they showing it?

Steve

because they don't have the rights - they can't just show things they
haven't paid for.
given that the TDF is on itv4 presumably itv don't consider it very
worthwhile either or it would be on ITV 1
--
Gareth.
That fly.... Is your magic wand.
Old July 22nd 12, 04:26 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
SW[_3_]

"the dog from that film you saw" wrote in
message ...
On 22/07/2012 13:09, SW wrote:

What I do find strange is that there's no cycling on! Team Sky have
dominated the Tour de France because they have a fantastic team,
including of course the overall winner, so why aren't they showing it?

Steve

because they don't have the rights - they can't just show things they
haven't paid for.
given that the TDF is on itv4 presumably itv don't consider it very
worthwhile either or it would be on ITV 1
--
Gareth.
That fly.... Is your magic wand.

It's the big finish today and it is on ITV1. I think ITV's coverage of it
has been very good, Phil Liggett is such a positive commentator. It's also
been on Eurosport, so there's been enough coverage. In a way I'm glad it's
not on Sky because I don't have Sky Sports, but I'm just surprised that
given the amount of their sponsorship (30M according to Wikipedia) that
they're not showing any of it. I guess 30M would be enough to buy coverage
rights?

Steve

MUX C (Sky Sports News, Sky Travel, Sky News & UKtv History) problems... Dave UK digital tv 0 April 12th 04 04:10 PM
Sky Sports News on Sky without contract Magnumforce UK sky 22 April 3rd 04 08:19 AM
Sky Sports News on Sky without contract Magnumforce UK sky 0 March 29th 04 08:41 PM
Sky sports coachmark Satellite tvro 0 November 16th 03 09:28 PM
Sky sports coachmark Satellite tvro 0 November 16th 03 09:28 PM