How is multiroom connected?

Old March 13th 12, 06:30 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
paddytt

Default How is multiroom connected?

We have booked Sky to install three boxes into a property that we are
currently renovating, and the electrician wants to get some wiring in
"properly" hidden so we don't have the Sky guy running cables along
the skirting. Can anyone tell me:

- are the additional Sky multiroom boxes wired in series from the
dish, or individually from the dish?

- will the installer accept temporary telephone cables, or does he
have to leave with the cables "permanently" fixed along the walls?

thanks!

paddytt
Old March 13th 12, 07:40 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
rob

On 13/03/2012 18:30, paddytt wrote:
We have booked Sky to install three boxes into a property that we are
currently renovating, and the electrician wants to get some wiring in
"properly" hidden so we don't have the Sky guy running cables along
the skirting. Can anyone tell me:

- are the additional Sky multiroom boxes wired in series from the
dish, or individually from the dish?

Individually. If they are Sky+ or HD+ boxes then 2 each.

Old March 13th 12, 10:26 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
the dog from that film you saw[_3_]

On 13/03/2012 6:30 PM, paddytt wrote:
We have booked Sky to install three boxes into a property that we are
currently renovating, and the electrician wants to get some wiring in
"properly" hidden so we don't have the Sky guy running cables along
the skirting. Can anyone tell me:

- are the additional Sky multiroom boxes wired in series from the
dish, or individually from the dish?

- will the installer accept temporary telephone cables, or does he
have to leave with the cables "permanently" fixed along the walls?

thanks!

paddytt

with multi room they do expect the boxes to phone home - so unless you
want cables trailing across your house permanently.......

--
Gareth.
That fly.... Is your magic wand.
Old March 14th 12, 12:29 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
the dog from that film you wrote:
with multi room they do expect the boxes to phone home - so unless you
want cables trailing across your house permanently.......

Yes, and (certainly in the past at least) they do police this. Several years
ago when we had multi-room we (unwittingly) had the phone connection to the
second box fail. Sky sent us a letter telling us it had failed, and saying
we'd need to get it fixed or face the cancellation of the multiroom.

Andy