NBC

Old January 2nd 12, 04:41 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Felix Miata

Default NBC

Are there any prime time NBC network feeds available to the receivers BUD
owners use that can routinely get both right and left front channels at the
same time? I have a RS-1933 and a Premium HD+ that can't get both at once off
the C feeds on AMC18 except during commercials or programs I don't care about.
Do I need to get Ku feeds instead? If so, which? If I need other equipment, what?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
Old January 2nd 12, 05:27 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 23:41:45 -0500, Felix Miata
wrote:

RS-1933

Might ask around over he

http://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=98819

Old January 3rd 12, 07:13 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Felix Miata

On 2012/01/01 23:27 (GMT-0600) JAB composed:

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 23:41:45 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

RS-1933

Might ask around over he

http://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=98819

I looked there first. Lots of discussion, but no practical help for the AMC18
feeds. AMC6 Ku might be a (part-time) solution if I can get a round tuit for
making Ku work again on my BUDs to figure it out. It's a shame WVGN on G16 is
only 4:3. I'm not very fussy about audio, but cropped video really annoys me,
as does letterboxing of 16:9 originals. :-(

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
Old January 3rd 12, 01:56 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 02:13:14 -0500, Felix Miata
wrote:

I looked there first. Lots of discussion, but no practical help

I did see that unit was having some issues in that receiver thread.

It appears one can manually change the PIDs...don't know if this is
the issue.

I use an USB type receiver, with an effective dish size of about 7',
and I mainly sit on one bird, so I can't assist much.

Many months ago, I tried locking into those channels on AMC18, but it
was checkered with no audio...I might try again...I'm using a
different software program, which can sort out tunning issues better,
with a true manual tunning, if needed.

I think NBC affiliates use 14' dish, as a minimum.
Old January 3rd 12, 06:15 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Felix Miata

On 2012/01/03 07:56 (GMT-0600) JAB composed:

It appears one can manually change the PIDs...don't know if this is
the issue.

The issue is that apparently one must be able to simultaneously tune multiple
SIDs, due to the non-standard way NBC separates its prime-time multichannel
audio. Both 1933 & HD+ are like other consumer receivers in being able to
select only one audio channel at a time.

Many months ago, I tried locking into those channels on AMC18, but it
was checkered with no audio...I might try again...I'm using a
different software program, which can sort out tunning issues better,
with a true manual tunning, if needed.

I have no problem with video. It's stunning, far better than the best I've ever
seen on a pizza or cable system.

I think NBC affiliates use 14' dish, as a minimum.

I have 10 & 12, plus a 1 meter Primestar that I need to figure out where best
to point.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
Old January 4th 12, 02:46 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:15:29 -0500, Felix Miata
wrote:

I have 10 & 12,

Lucky you...I tried tonight, and no soap...no lock...I don't have a
big enough dish, signal is around 33%...so, I'm missing too many bits.

Btw, I came across http://www.thistv.com/schedule
on DW-TV USA Mux tonight; I scanned, and it showed up.

DTV and NBC John McWilliams High definition TV 1 July 17th 10 10:47 PM
NBC TV programme Petert UK digital tv 6 February 12th 10 01:23 AM
NBC heils Satellite tvro 1 April 12th 06 12:52 AM
NBC's HD looking better tonight [email protected] High definition TV 0 August 21st 04 05:56 AM
Is NBC-DT yet available in N.J.? Tech High definition TV 1 December 4th 03 12:00 PM