Local Channels but No local affiliate available...

Old December 30th 03, 01:24 AM
Jim Margarit

Default Local Channels but No local affiliate available...

I just got DirecTV. Our area will get local channels next year from El Paso
(50 mi away). I would actually rather get my local channels from in-state
Albuquerque(225 mi away) which has a more complete set of affiliates. Do I
have any choice in this matter or do the ElPaso affiliates 'own' me.

I have a DirecTivo. Can I buy a PPV and record it to the tivo and watch it
later or do the content providers require that I sit my butt down and watch
it real time?

Thanks

Jim Margarit