I'm impressed - digital-point.co.uk

Old March 14th 07, 06:58 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
StainlessSteelRat

Default I'm impressed - digital-point.co.uk

DCA wrote:
I am very impressed. I guess the real test is when it dies and I need
assistance to replace it but until then.....

So far I'm not so impressed. I ordered last Wednesday evening, and the Buy
Now Pay Later was agreed Thursday. Printed off the agreement and posted, and
it was confirmed via email on Monday. I was told in the email from the
finance company that I'd be contacted by the supplier, although I haven't
been so I guess I'll have to call them. I note the TV went out of stock over
the weekend as well, although it's back in again now.

I'm beginning to regret having used Buy Now Pay Later, as I was going to pay
it off in a couple of months anyway. Credit card might have been easier.

Also these guys get a fair few negative reviews if you look them up via
Froogle. I'm hoping I won't be posting one of them...

--
StainlessSteelRat
http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net

Ivana: When did you get "The Clapper"?
Austin: November, 1964, Dutch East Indies, shore leave.

Old March 14th 07, 08:18 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
StainlessSteelRat

StainlessSteelRat wrote:
I am very impressed. I guess the real test is when it dies and I need
assistance to replace it but until then.....

So far I'm not so impressed. I ordered last Wednesday evening, and
the Buy Now Pay Later was agreed Thursday. Printed off the agreement
and posted, and it was confirmed via email on Monday. I was told in
the email from the finance company that I'd be contacted by the
supplier, although I haven't been so I guess I'll have to call them.
I note the TV went out of stock over the weekend as well, although
it's back in again now.
I'm beginning to regret having used Buy Now Pay Later, as I was going
to pay it off in a couple of months anyway. Credit card might have
been easier.
Also these guys get a fair few negative reviews if you look them up
via Froogle. I'm hoping I won't be posting one of them...

Were they reading? I got a call today and the delivery is tomorrow.

Let's see how that goes...

--
StainlessSteelRat
http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net

Confucius say: Man who sit on tack get point

Old March 15th 07, 08:14 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
DCA

StainlessSteelRat wrote:
StainlessSteelRat wrote:
[...]

what did you decide to buy in the end?
Old March 15th 07, 08:16 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
DCA

StainlessSteelRat wrote:
DCA wrote:
I am very impressed. I guess the real test is when it dies and I need
assistance to replace it but until then.....

So far I'm not so impressed. I ordered last Wednesday evening, and the Buy
Now Pay Later was agreed Thursday. Printed off the agreement and posted, and
it was confirmed via email on Monday. I was told in the email from the
finance company that I'd be contacted by the supplier, although I haven't
been so I guess I'll have to call them. I note the TV went out of stock over
the weekend as well, although it's back in again now.

I'm beginning to regret having used Buy Now Pay Later, as I was going to pay
it off in a couple of months anyway. Credit card might have been easier.

Also these guys get a fair few negative reviews if you look them up via
Froogle. I'm hoping I won't be posting one of them...

Why were you going to pay it off in 2 months? The 25 charge doesn't
make it economical as the 25 is more than one months c/card charge.
Just stick your money into an online Ing account for 9 months and then
pay it back - makes you 6% which will make you quids in.
Old March 15th 07, 08:18 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
DCA

StainlessSteelRat wrote:
DCA wrote:
I am very impressed. I guess the real test is when it dies and I need
assistance to replace it but until then.....

So far I'm not so impressed. I ordered last Wednesday evening, and the Buy
Now Pay Later was agreed Thursday. Printed off the agreement and posted, and
it was confirmed via email on Monday. I was told in the email from the
finance company that I'd be contacted by the supplier, although I haven't
been so I guess I'll have to call them. I note the TV went out of stock over
the weekend as well, although it's back in again now.

I'm beginning to regret having used Buy Now Pay Later, as I was going to pay
it off in a couple of months anyway. Credit card might have been easier.

Also these guys get a fair few negative reviews if you look them up via
Froogle. I'm hoping I won't be posting one of them...

one more thing.
I just sussed that these guys are part of a much bigger concern:
http://www.electrocentre.co.uk/ who have been about for ages.

Old March 15th 07, 09:45 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
StainlessSteelRat

DCA wrote:
Were they reading? I got a call today and the delivery is tomorrow.

Let's see how that goes...

what did you decide to buy in the end?

The Sharp 46" Aquos LCD http://www.digital-point.co.uk/model.php?ID=2827

Seems to be six of one and half a dozen of the other with LCD vs. Plasma,
but decided that I liked this based on several viewings.

--
StainlessSteelRat
http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net

"In general people experience their present naively, as it were,
without being able to form an estimate of its contents; they have
first to put themselves at a distance from it - the present, that is to
say, must have become the past - before it can yield points of vantage
from which to judge the future." -- Sigmund Freud

Old March 15th 07, 09:46 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
StainlessSteelRat

DCA wrote:
Why were you going to pay it off in 2 months?

Because I'm intending to pay it off straight away, but just can't quite
afford it in one month.

The 25 charge doesn't
make it economical as the 25 is more than one months c/card charge.

Not with my credit card, LOL. It would have probably been around the same
cost in all fairness, but c'est la vie. Hopefully this finance company
aren't a pain in the arse to deal with.

Just stick your money into an online Ing account for 9 months and then
pay it back - makes you 6% which will make you quids in.

I can't be bothered with all the fuss tbh, but thanks for the tip.

--
StainlessSteelRat
http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net

Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know... but some people without brains do an awful
lot of talking... don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Old March 15th 07, 09:47 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
StainlessSteelRat

DCA wrote:
one more thing.
I just sussed that these guys are part of a much bigger concern:
http://www.electrocentre.co.uk/ who have been about for ages.

Yep, I got the receipt for the deposit which had this company on it.

They ought to get rid of the Google ads from their site. Does nothing for
their credibility.

Anyway, 9:47am and not delivered yet. Not that I'm impatient ;-)

--
StainlessSteelRat
http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net

"Money couldn't buy friends, but you get a better class of enemy."
-- Spike Milligan

Old March 15th 07, 05:58 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
StainlessSteelRat

StainlessSteelRat wrote:
Were they reading? I got a call today and the delivery is tomorrow.

Let's see how that goes...

Delivery went OK, but it was just the one guy and he didn't seem to want to
do anything more than carry it over the door. I wasn't too fussed though,
and assembled what there was myself. The thing is frickin' huge, and I'm
gobsmacked for the moment. Let's hope it doesn't break! (forever the
optimist)

--
StainlessSteelRat
http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net

Ginger: You're not too good at this golf thing, are you, Stan?
Stanley: You're f**king up my chi.

Old March 15th 07, 08:24 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema
StainlessSteelRat

StainlessSteelRat wrote:
The Sharp 46" Aquos LCD
http://www.digital-point.co.uk/model.php?ID=2827

Curiously I can't get it to do anything with a PC connection, using an RGB
cable. I've tried both my PC and a laptop, and neither do anything (and the
TV's definitely detected as a monitor, and my Windows desktop is extended
onto it, and running at a compatible resolution and refresh rate). Anyone
got any ideas?

--
StainlessSteelRat
http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net

"A drama critic is a person who surprises the playwright by informing
him what he meant." -- Wilson Mezner