HD/Divx recorders will be with us by year end/orders are being takes now in usa

Old November 26th 04, 07:48 PM
BARRY

Default HD/Divx recorders will be with us by year end/orders are being takes now in usa

Heads up guys - Anyone about to buy a HDD/ Recorder now might do well to
wait and get one of the new generation that also reads Divx etc
It seems that that are just hitting the States and Europe will be just weeks
behind. This new type of media centre also has USB 2 connectivity
and can we used in a home network in wired and wireless setups ! Ouch
........too good to be true..
OK Santa make a note .this is what I have been waiting for!!!!

Barry

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

---

Old November 27th 04, 09:24 PM
loz

"BARRY" wrote in message
Heads up guys - Anyone about to buy a HDD/ Recorder now might do well to
wait and get one of the new generation that also reads Divx etc
It seems that that are just hitting the States and Europe will be just
weeks behind. This new type of media centre also has USB 2 connectivity
and can we used in a home network in wired and wireless setups ! Ouch
.......too good to be true..
OK Santa make a note .this is what I have been waiting for!!!!

You mean like a Kiss 558 http://www.kiss-technology.com/?p=558&v=users
available already in umpteen places
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPC-Kiss_Technology_DP_558

Loz

Old November 27th 04, 09:51 PM
BARRY

Thanks Santa
Who said they don't believe!!

Old November 27th 04, 10:02 PM
loz

"BARRY" wrote in message
...............But I was actually talking about products that work most of
the time

Are you implying the Kiss 558 doesn't work - most of the time?

Not argueing, just asking. I don't know one way or t'other

Loz

Old November 28th 04, 12:03 PM
BARRY

In fairness I've not owned one but reviews have said it quite strongly

--
an example of one review I found

"Full Review

I bought a kiss 558 the day it came out, looking so much forward to take it
home! Great was my disappointment as I realised that it though it had
everything I could dream of in theory, it just did not work! The player I
slow, it's response time from you puss a button until something happens is
LONG! The manual holds next to no info. , it takes so much bandwith, that
while using it, my 1 mega ADSL connection was useless! It can not record on
the HDD and show a dvd at the same time as it has to be on stand by in order
to start a timed scheduled recording (which was not mentioned in the
manual). Also like an ordinary computer with software problems it would
freeze from time to time and so I had to pull the plug to get it to work
again! .. And so on and so on. I had to return it and get my money back.
This machine it just too "first mover" like with the new technology, that I
recommend waiting until the technology grows older and better!