OT: Westminster bridge pictures

Old October 12th 18, 09:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Peeler

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 13:48:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

reams of your ad hominem **** that˘s all you can ever manage flushed where
it belongs

The truth that you can't face, restored:

"You're getting there, it's clear that you've now reached the level of
"Nyah nyah nanyah nyah!", but surely you can be even more juvenile than
that?"

--
Java Jive to senile Rot:
You're getting there, it's clear that you've now reached the level of
"Nyah nyah nanyah nyah!", but surely you can be even more juvenile than
that?
MID:
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Pamela

Default OT: Westminster bridge pictures

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on October 29, 2018.

On 03:45 12 Oct 2018, "Andew Jones" wrote in
:

"Java Jive" wrote in message
news
On 11/10/2018 21:48, Andew Jones wrote:

"Java Jive" wrote in message
news On 11/10/2018 16:47, Andew Jones wrote:

"Java Jive" wrote in message
news
On 11/10/2018 16:10, Andew Jones wrote:

Beats those who get less than 10% of the voters voting for
them getting much more say on government policy in every
election than the number who vote for them deserves.

Invariably it creates bad government and bad legislation.

Yes it does, and after every election in Germany, unlike in the
UK where it only happens after a very close election result.

I'm so glad you are agreeing with me, even if it's not in the way you
think!-)

More of your flagrant dishonesty.

You are confused,

More lies.

and noone but yourself is surprised.

More lies.

reams of your childish ad hominem **** flushed where it belongs

The 'dictatorship of the majority' quote above referred to the
dangers to democracy of having *too large* a majority in the House,
not too little, as the following examples show ...

Pity its just another bare faced lie. None of those were due to a
much bigger majority for the government of the day.

reams of your childish ad hominem **** flushed where it belongs

For example, in the 1950s, we had the invasion of Suez,

That wasn't due to a very close election result.

Exactly, it was due to the Tories being very firmly entrenched in
power, majority 60, and therefore there was no possible check from
the opposition.

Nope, it was actually due to Nasser nationalising the Suez Canal

Nasser's actions were the cause of our needing to react, but the
comfortable Con majority influenced *what* action we took -

Nope, and the proof of that is that the French didn't have one at the
time and were part of what what attempted before Ike told them to
behave themselves or else.

Gaitskell in opposition, while supporting that some action had to be
taken, increasingly had grave doubts about acting without UN backing,
but the large majority made him powerless to prevent it happening.

Pity about the French.

And the Torys didn't need any large majority to ignore Gaitskell.

and there was nothing like that very firmly entrenched in power
in France at the time which was also involved in Suez.

No, they don't usually get dangerously large majorities

So your stupid claim that the UK wouldn't have got involved without
a large majority is proven to be the pig ignorant lie it always was.

because they have a proportional representation, but they had an
imperative of being embroiled in Algeria, and they hoped to topple
Nasser and so end his support for Algerian rebels.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

in the 1980s many bad things
of which the Community Charge/'Poll Tax' is perhaps the most
obvious example,

That wasn't due to a very close election result either.

Again, it was due to the Tories being very firmly entrenched in
power, majority 101, and therefore there was no possible check from
the opposition.

It was actually due to that silly cow Thatcher deciding on having
that and nothing to do with the size of the majority and it didn’t
need any opposition to oppose it, she got politically assassinated
by her own cabinet.

The legislation was pushed through despite significant opposition
from within her own party, something which couldn't have happened
without a large majority.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

She only got stabbed in the back later, after 6m of us refused to pay
and clogged the courts, and it became obvious that it and she were
vote losers.

Utterly mangled all over again.

Nope, due to the stupid Argys deciding that there would be nothing
the UK could do about them taking the Falklands.

Because the UK government with its huge majority had being arrogant
and complaisant, and had failed to send the same signals to the
Argentinians that they had on previous occasions when they had
started posturing about the Falklands, usually stationing a fleet
in the Azores for a while.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage and in
fact Maggie wasn't doing very well at all politically at the time
and

She may have been unpopular in the opinion polls, etc, but
nevertheless she had the large majority that enabled her to go to
war, despite that.

She didn't need any large majority to go to war, there was almost no
opposition to going to war in parliament.

it was only her gung ho approach to ****ing over the Argys that saw
her end up doing much better in the general election after that.

Yes, which she called soon after.

Also, and I state clearly that this is my own personal opinion, I
think there was sexism at work, they thought that because we had a
woman PM, we would haven't the stomach for a fight.

That wasn’t the reason Galtieri did it, it was the usual approach
seen with pollys on the ropes, do something like that in a desperate
attempt to distract the voters from his ****ups.

Oh certainly that was a factor,

That was the only reason it happened, nothing to do with Maggie being
a woman.

like Henry V, but his thinking he could get away with it was probably
influenced by sexism.

Nope, he stupidly decided that the UK wouldn't bother with the immense
effort required to retake the Falklands which is after all a pimple on
the bum in the far south atlantic of no strategic value what so ever.

and in the early 2000s the invasion of Iraq.

That wasn't due to a very close election result either. It was
only a small minority of Labour MPs that opposed it.

No, you haven't got this at all, it's dictatorship of the majority
- again, we're talking about a firmly entrenched government with a
large majority, 166, so the possibility of opposition holding the
government in check didn't exist.

That wasn't the reason that fool Blair was so keen on getting
involved.

But it was the reason he was able to despite opposition from within
his own party,

Nope, there were never enough of those to matter given that the Tories
were all for it.

although, of course, in this case the Tories supported him anyway,

So the size of his majority was completely irrelevant.

so in the end any internal opposition from within Labour didn't
matter much.

And was never going to, so your claim about that sort of thing only
happened due to a large majority has always been just plain wrong.

Same with the deregulation of the banks. The Tories in fact wanted to
go even further.

The Krauts are actually stupid enough to shut down their nukes and
replace them with obscenely polluting brown coal power generation
instead.

Given that, as an example, nowadays nuclear electricity is the
easily the most expensive in the UK,

Irrelevant to the fact

But relevant to it being a sensible decision.

It's a stupid decision because its only nukes that don't produce CO2
in the process of power generation.

that it's the power the Greens have that is way outside what they
should have with only a single digit percentage of the vote in
elections.

You are mistaken in this belief:

Nope. And its not a belief, it's a fact.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13592208

Wota stunningly impeccable source.

(my emphasis) "The *previous* German government - a coalition of the
centre-left Social Democrats (SPD) and the Greens - decided to shut
down Germany's nuclear power stations by 2021.

And that coalition wouldn't have happened without the proportional
representation system.

However, last September Chancellor Angela Merkel's coalition scrapped
those plans - announcing it would *extend* the life of the country's
nuclear reactors by an average of 12 years.

Ministers said they needed to keep nuclear energy as a "bridging
technology" to a greener future.

And the only reason for the 'greener future' is because the Greens get
a lot more say on government policy than the single digit percentage
of the vote qualifies them to have.

And there is NOTHING green about using the dirtiest coal available for
power generation.

The decision to extend was unpopular in Germany even before the
radioactive leaks at the Fukushima plant.

Easy to claim.

But following Fukushima, Mrs Merkel promptly scrapped her extension
plan, and announced a review."

So Fukushima, not the Greens, was the immediate cause of shutting
down German nuclear power.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

However, if you read up about it, you'll find that there has been
long-term, over many decades, widespread opposition to both nuclear
power and some fossil fuel power within the wider German electorate,
not just in the Green parties.

But that never amounted to even the single percentage vote the Greens
got in the elections.

And the other stupidity that the Greens forced is their stupid
subsided micropower generation that has seen the highest power prices
in the EU.

and that there's a global shortage of fissile uranium material in
the world

Pigs arse there is.

(bottom graph shows rate of demand
beginning to outstrip rate of supply) ...

Nope, it actually shows that no one much bothers mining it now that
the demand for it has fallen off.

Another lie,

Nope.

the demand is the dotted line and it's rising away from the supply,
which is the stack of shaded areas.

The supply has stagnated due to the pathetic prices paid. There is
plenty in the ground for hundreds of years.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/informa.../nuclear-fuel-
cycle/ uranium-resources/uranium-markets.aspx ... and that Germany,
like the UK, has no significant supplies of its own (table at
bottom) ...

That's not the reason that the krauts are shutting down their nukes.

I never said it was, I gave it as a reason why nevertheless it was a
sensible decision.

Pity that's just another pig ignorant lie.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...rgest-uranium-
reserves-in- the-world.html ... that is an eminently sensible
decision by the German government.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Rod, your super-shredded reply (complete with your usual insults) shows
you lost the argument. Sorry.

Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Andew Jones

"Java Jive" wrote in message
[...]

Just more of your troll****.

Sorry.

More of your bare faced lies.

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Tim Streater[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on October 29, 2018.

In article , Pamela
wrote:

[can't you ****ing well learn to snip?}

Rod, your super-shredded reply (complete with your usual insults) shows
you lost the argument. Sorry.

--
"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Tim Streater[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on October 29, 2018.

In article , Andew Jones
wrote:

[Can't you ****ing well learn to snip?]

--
Socialism: For people who lack the charisma to be train spotters.

Ann Sheridan
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Peeler

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 07:59:37 +1100, Andew Jones, better known as
cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Rod, your super-shredded reply (complete with your usual insults) shows
you lost the argument.

Just more of your troll****.

SHE doesn't come across as a troll! YOU definitely do, you subnormal cretin!

Sorry.

More of your bare faced lies.

Nope, but more of your trolling, senile idiot! tsk

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."