Question: Trouble with TV

Old July 27th 19, 03:29 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default Question: Trouble with TV

I hope there are still people here as I know newsgroups seem to be becoming a
thing of the past. Here's my problem. A couple of weeks ago, these artifacts
appeared on my TV screen. It's a 65 inch Sony Bravia, about five years old.
These are vertical lines on the lower right of the screen. I have cats, a couple
of who jump up on the TV stand and swat at things like footballs when I'm
watching a game. Until now, the only thing they've done is leave smudge marks
which I can easily wipe off. I mention this only as a possibility as the reason
for this. But the precise vertical position makes me wonder. I know I'm not
allowed to post pictures here, but I have a website and I've post four pictures
of the anomaly there, two in large format so you can really see up close. Here
are the URL's to see the pictures. Can anyone tell me what's going on and can it
be corrected? I'm hoping it's not the start of a bigger problem and I'll have to
be buying a n ew set soon. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or help.

http://www.folkusa.org/pixels1.jpg

http://www.folkusa.org/pixels2.jpg

http://www.folkusa.org/pixels3.jpg

http://www.folkusa.org/pixels4.jpg