BBC iPlayer on more than one tV

Old January 4th 19, 11:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default BBC iPlayer on more than one tV

On Thu, 03 Jan 2019 15:58:21 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

Unusual for a Micro$oft product not to have a $ key...

It does have one. I've just turned on my old Nokia which runs on Win10.
The default keyboard is letters; there is a key on the LHS with numbers on
it. Press that to get the first set of numbers and characters. On the LHS
above the key to go back to alphabetic characters is an arrow pointing
sideways - press that and you get a second set of symbols - including Euro,
Dollar and Yen, as well as square brackets.

What a rigmarole! On my Android phone, it's one extra keypress.

Rod.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old January 5th 19, 12:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Bill Ward" wrote in message
On 02/01/2019 09:47, Brian Gaff wrote:
I really think the BBC has made a complete cock up of all of this. There
was
a Samsung guy on a radio station the other day saying that the third
party,
as they see it, apps they have to use on the smart tvs are not fit for
purpose. Many do not let you log in without a keyboard and none of the
Iplayers when run on a tv allow audio description to be spoken by their
assistive tech even though the ways to do it have been circulated to the
broadcasters.

Definitely descent in the camp of broadcasters vs set makers going on
Too many people moving the goalposts and too many interpretations of
what
standard means. Who is to blame though?
Brian

When I tried to log in using my phone I could not input my password as
when I set it up on my PC I included a $ sign in my password that my phone
does not have on its key pad.

are you sure that you can't find it on an auxiliary page of keys

Old January 5th 19, 01:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article , tim...
wrote:

"Bill Ward" wrote in message
[...]

Do keep up, I said how to find it a couple of days ago and he responded.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England